PDA

View Full Version : Alternating DMs

Infocalypse
January 29th, 2011, 05:54
Hi, we are currently planning a FG campaign with alternating DMs. Is there an easy way to interchange the latest campaign-data (chars, basic data) between DMs when they switch seats after a completed storyline?

StuartW
January 29th, 2011, 06:30
In your FG App Data directory there is a campaigns folder with separate subfolders for each campaign. Zip, email, unzip, but be careful to back up anything you might accidentally over-write.

Stuart

Infocalypse
January 29th, 2011, 10:02
Thanks for your help! I had hoped for a more convenient solution, but as long as it works, it works...

phantomwhale
January 29th, 2011, 13:17
Might this is something you can do with a clever use of Dropbox (https://db.tt/7n0y6gI) ?

E.g. create a shared folder just for the campaign, and share it between yourself and the other GM ?

I think you can create dropbox folders outside of the "My Dropbox" folder, if you set it up that way. Not tried that though myself, so it's a recommendation to experiment, rather than something I know would work.

Astinus
January 29th, 2011, 16:09
Dropbox is a good suggestion. The latest version of the program also allows for selective sync, so if you locate your FG App Data directory in Dropbox you can be very specific about what you do and don't share.

terrell
January 29th, 2011, 16:41
We do it pretty much exactly the way Stuart mentions with one addition, we also have a copy of the campaign folder that each GM uses to develop for their game when they are not running. We update both the campaign and the copy each time we switch GMs and add additional modules as necessary.

Terrell