PDA

View Full Version : Madman's Pathfinder Sunday Game

madman
January 28th, 2011, 01:34
Well there is enough people to start a game!

1.) I use Teamspeak for voice. (It speeds things up)

2.) I have every Adventure Path from Paizo (I would like to know if any of them would be of more interest than the others, one you have not played in. so on)

3.) High Power VS. Low Power

4.) Gestalt or Not

5.) Psionics or Not

6.) New Playtest material Is ok use.

7.) If you have something special you would like to use in the game(I will look it over and decide if it can be used)

8.) Ok so I'm thinking, Sunday, at like 7:00 Pm EST, 5:00 MDT Till 12:00 AM at the latest.(to get about 4 hours of play in)

So let me know what you think, give me your choices from the above and why you want or don't want them.

Chris

Dershem
January 28th, 2011, 01:41
2. I've heard good things about King Maker/ Curse of the Crimson Throne.
3. I'm ambivalent as long as all characters are on the same power level.
4. Gestalt is Neat but not required for a good time!
5. I have no problem either way, I've played in good and bad games where they were allowed.
8. Woot!

Spooner
January 28th, 2011, 03:20
1.) Got it, tho i prefer Skype myself.

Its annoying having someone breathing and eating in your ears (god forbid they have a dog), but something about getting up, getting food, and playing minecraft (while i'm bleeding or otherwise not there) while never skipping a beat that brightens my day.

2.) I'm up for anything below level 8 (starting level). I've never enjoyed high end games. Something about handing a god his own arse that turns me off to rp.

3.) Preferably low player power (low magic even.) I however do appreciate benevolent and lenient stat rolling rules. Nothing spoils a game like rolling a 13 average, which i tend to do. Alot.

4.) Gestalt = no thanks. Too much power. I just want to be a dude fighting another dude. If there is any gestalt at all, i'd honestly rather it be a boss fight.

5.) Psionics? Don't care myself whether or not we use psionics. I havn't used them in pathfinder yet however.

6.) Not sure what playtest material is.

7.) I like to play around with alternate class features from the advanced player's guide. Has some nice flavors for the old classes. I'm currently drooling over either an undead scourge or a horse lord.

I also like to play with monstrous races myself but i can do without too. Lots of flavor in monster campaigns, but it goes sour real quick if people are immature about it.

I'd personally prefer a Good/Nuetral/Mixed alignment campaign. I'm currently involved with an evil campaign atm as it is.

8.) I can do 7pm (8pm my time) however, i would absolutely love it if we could play 2 hours earlier? i have to get up at 6am (7am my time) on monday mornings.

madman
January 28th, 2011, 04:09
I have had about 50% less problems since i switched to TS(while using FG that is). And i have a TS server for now.

if everyone would rather use skype, I'm ok with it if everyone has a very good connection.
Chris

Astinus
January 28th, 2011, 16:03
I'm in but for timing: I can't play any later than 10.30pm EST. Maybe 11pm. If that's a deal breaker, I understand. If not, I'm fine with whatever rules/voip is settled upon.

Spooner
January 28th, 2011, 20:30
i can do ts, not complaining at all.

madman
January 29th, 2011, 03:48
Lets just do it this way.

Tell me the earliest you can start and how late you can play and i'll find the range that works well for all

Chris

6-10 EST WORKS ?
5-9 EST WORKS ?
4-8 EST WORKS ?

Dershem
January 29th, 2011, 04:20
I can start at approximately 6:15 EST and go til 11:30ish est. If an earlier schedule works better, I have no problem sitting this one out. I'm good either way. My Normal tabletop group breaks at 6:00 so I can connect then it will just be a few moments till I can be at the computer full fledged.

Bronsonortiz
January 29th, 2011, 05:38
If you still have any openings I'd be up for any game 6-11 EST. I've played in one of yor PF campaigns before (in '08 or '09) and very much enjoyed it. I'm kind of an off and on FG gamer. I love everything RPG (especially D&D) though most of my D&D experience is pbp, FG and the AD&D Baldurs gate PC games. I DMed a PF game on FG last summer that I had to cut short due the by daughters birth in October. Anyway I'd love to be a part of your PF campagin. I prefer more realistic low power, non-gestalt, non psion campaigns (since your asking) but would be up for anything. I've only used skype and txt, but will use what ever your campaign requires.

Astinus
January 29th, 2011, 16:05
In order of preference:

4-8 works
5-9 works
6-10 works

In the end, Chris, you're doing all the work so the time has to work best of all for you.

madman
January 29th, 2011, 17:35
I am home all day sunday. time is not an issue for me. Talysian can only play after 6:15 EST. so i would say 6:30 - 10:30 EST looks like it might work. If everyone shows early and/or wants to play later, i'm good with it.

Chris

Dershem
January 29th, 2011, 20:08
Woot!

BTW what extensions/ruleset versions are you using?

Spooner
January 29th, 2011, 20:47
the earlier the better for me but i can live with the 6:30-10:30 i suppose. leaves me about 8 hours of sleep, forgoing a good breakfast for a quick one.

madman
January 30th, 2011, 00:39
I use the d20_JPG ruleset with my extension. It has worked well for a year or so. I have made a pathfinder spells, APG spells and Rules Mod that gives players most of what they need to play.

I will make a .pak file for you guys to drop into the Fantasy Grounds Folder to speed up load times.

Character creation This week would allow us to start next Sunday.

Rules For Character Creation.

1. I normally do a 25-30 Point buy, so lets do a 20 and see how it goes.

2. Anything published by Paizo is fair game for character creation.

3. NO EVIL CHARACTERS (NO)

4. Rite Publishing does a 101 1-7th level spells that i use.

5. I don't want a party of great RP characters that will not survive the first 3 weeks of combat. use of a good back story will do. you can RP your character as you will. design it to survive.

6. Someone is going to need healing at some point!!!!!!!

7 Playtest class options are usable (even the gunslinger) bu you'll have to come up with the coin to make it work.

8. Be creative, try something new, if it doesn't work i can kill off your character. you can make another one.

9. Standard Races(if you can not live without playing some non standard race I'll look it over) the more creative your reason to play non-standard, the greater the chance I'll let you use it.

10. My Skype name is madmanfg2. find me with any questions.

11. First come first serve on classes!!!

Chris

Dershem
January 30th, 2011, 01:20
After reading the changes (played 3.5 not PF) I've decided human priest of Pharasma, that way healing is covered!

The Kor
January 30th, 2011, 02:53
I'd be interested, but, umm, next Sunday is the Super Bowl...
I'd still like to play if missing the fist session is acceptable.

It doesn't look like the Adventure Path has been decided on -- I'm currently DMing the Counsel of Thieves and playing in the Rise of the Runelords, so any other AP would work for me. I'll step away if either of these two are the preference for the group.

Nothing regarding Traits was mentioned...didn't know if they were in play or not (?).

Thanks!

Spooner
January 30th, 2011, 03:46
thinking barbarian instead of ranger. go with the Mounted Fury alternate class feature. 8)

madman
January 30th, 2011, 05:52
ooops your right.

2 traits

150 gp or roll for your class starting gold in game (your choice) and you can have one weapon and your gear for free (I do not worry over encumbrance much, but if you carry a store with you I will!)

Something to the effect of ....

Standard Adventurer’s Kit
Backpack
Belt pouch (3)
Bedroll
Flask(2)
Flint and steel
Mirror
Parchment
Pen and Ink
Scroll,Map Case
Silk rope (50 ft.)
Sunrods (2)
Trail rations (10 days)
Waterskin

By Class
Holy symbol
Spell component pouch
Spellbook
Thieves’ tools

Well you get the idea

Here are the Playtest Classes (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy8igw)

And the AP gives you local traits, so --......

1 Curse of the Crimson Throne
2 Second Darkness
3 Legacy of Fire
4 Kingmaker
5 Serpent Skull

or we could run a couple of mods and wait for Carrion Crown mid March
I would choose 1-2-3 as I have not run them already.(or Carrion Crown)

As for next Sunday, your right we would not play(I would be Prepping!)

Dershem
January 30th, 2011, 06:11
I'm down for whatever Curse of the Crimson throne would work for me easily. As would the other two

The Kor
January 30th, 2011, 14:33
I'd go for Curse of the Crimson Throne or Legacy of Fire...The Second Darkness AP was not all that great I heard.

madman
January 30th, 2011, 16:06
1 Cleric
2 Barbarian

-And two votes for Curse of the Crimson Throne

Dershem
January 30th, 2011, 16:52
Question looking at the player guide, are the hooks counted in our two traits?

Astinus
January 30th, 2011, 19:24
I'll play a Wizard.

As for AP, I'm running Rise of the Runelords right now, so anything other than that works.

The Kor
January 30th, 2011, 20:53
I'll go with a human Monk, since that's one of the few classes I haven't play yet in PF.

The Kor
January 30th, 2011, 21:19
Question looking at the player guide, are the hooks counted in our two traits?

I'm not sure where "hooks" are, but if I'm correct, they do not apply to traits.
Which Players Guide are you looking through?

Astinus
January 30th, 2011, 21:42
2.) I have every Adventure Path from Paizo (I would like to know if any of them would be of more interest than the others, one you have not played in. so on)

What about the Kingmaker adventure path? I love the idea of developing and defending a settlement. Sounds a bit more "sandboxy".

"The Kingmaker Adventure Path takes the heroes from encounters with mysterious bandit lords and barbaric raiders through the trials and tribulations of developing and defending their new settlement in the notoriously lawless River Kingdoms. Yet when war comes to the Stolen Lands in earnest, it's up the heroes to take up a mystical blade and stand tall against the horrors of man, beast, and strange creatures more dangerous than either..."

Just tossing it out there for discussion. Like I said before, I'll happily play any AP.

The Kor
January 30th, 2011, 22:15
I'd go with Kingmaker too...sorry I didn't mention that before.

madman
January 30th, 2011, 23:03
Ok well lets make a choice on AP

Looks like either Kingmaker or Curse of the Crimson Throne.
Please throw out a vote.

Chris

By the way I am doing character creation if anyone wants in. will be around for the night.

Hit me up

Astinus
January 30th, 2011, 23:13
I vote Kingmaker.

The Kor
January 30th, 2011, 23:26
Ya know, the more I think about it, I'd like to give Kingmaker a shot as well.

madman
January 30th, 2011, 23:48
So i have two votes for kingmaker and two for Curse so I rolled to make the choice..

I rolled in favor of Curse of the Crimson Throne

Chris

Astinus
January 31st, 2011, 17:17
Ahh! So the dice are already against me ;)

Rrast
January 31st, 2011, 19:24
I vote Kingmaker!

1.) I have Teamspeak... no problems there.
2.) Kingmaker!
3.) A good mix please!
4.) No Gestalt please
5.) No Psionics please
6.) New Playtest material Is ok use.
7.) If you have something special you would like to use in the game(I will look it over and decide if it can be used)
8.) Ok so I'm thinking, Sunday, at like 7:00 Pm EST, 5:00 MDT Till 12:00 AM at the latest.(to get about 4 hours of play in) - I can play these times! Please sign me up! :)

madman
February 1st, 2011, 01:28
well we have one more player pipin in for Kingmaker that would make it three to two for Kingmaker so I guess ill wait to make the final choice.

So far Talysian, and Spooner have mad their characters.
I will be In game or at work till wednesday. But feel free to send me an E-Mail or Skype me with questions.

Wednesday - Saturday I'll be around from 6:00 MST till 10:00 (Roughly) for Character creation (i use my own set of extensions )so character creation needs to be done in game.

Chris

madman
February 3rd, 2011, 01:24
game is up for the rest of you, you know who you are.

it would be nice to at least get the download out of the way. If not get your characters done.

just vest puny ninja

this will change for the first game(so you know)

Chris

Astinus
February 5th, 2011, 04:33
Started character creation with Madman tonight. Now off to dive into the players guide for Crimson Throne. Looking forward to first game!

Spooner
February 5th, 2011, 06:42
You mean kingmaker.

Tastylord
February 5th, 2011, 07:27
I'd like to play if you have room for me. Thanks!

Tastylord
February 5th, 2011, 07:28
I can play anytime on Sunday. Just let me know if you have a space for me.

Rrast
February 5th, 2011, 15:02
Madman.. will you be in today so I can make a character?

madman
February 5th, 2011, 16:08
and i will be around tonight afer 5:00 MDT
if you want to do it tonight

CHRIS

Astinus
February 5th, 2011, 16:51
You mean kingmaker.
I could be wrong but my impression was Madman went ahead and started prepping crimson throne after the initial vote. So that's what we're playing, methinks. He said he'd entered 3 months worth of playing material into FG. It'll be great either way.

madman
February 6th, 2011, 01:39
Im Around~

Chris

madman
February 7th, 2011, 02:28
First thing everyone that wants to play needs to do.(send me your skype info)
Playing tag on FG is too slow for me. My Skype name is madmanfg2

There is room for maybe one more player at this point.(I may just make a NPC)

We are playing the Curse Path.(don't read it) Starting at 1st level

just vest puny ninja

Chris

madman
February 12th, 2011, 01:10
Ok let see here

We are going to play Curse of the Crimson Throne. We are starting Sunday the 13th at 6:30 EST and we still have not completed all the characters. I would love it if we did not need to fool with character creation on game night. As it will be a shorter session I think, as far a the game goes. With it being the first game, I'm sure questions will come up, and everything takes up time.

I will need a pic to make a token please

Astinus tonight and Saturday is all that remains

2 traits

150 gp or roll for your class starting gold in game (your choice) and you can have one weapon and your gear for free (I do not worry over encumbrance much, but if you carry a store with you I will!)

Something to the effect of ....

Standard Adventurer’s Kit
Backpack
Belt pouch (3)
Bedroll
Flask(2)
Flint and steel
Mirror
Parchment
Pen and Ink
Scroll,Map Case
Silk rope (50 ft.)
Sunrods (2)
Trail rations (10 days)
Waterskin

By Class
Holy symbol
Spell component pouch
Spellbook
Thieves’ tools

you can pick you own equipment, you don't have to use the list
just use the kiss method
Well you get the idea

I use the d20_JPG ruleset with my extension. It has worked well for a year or so. I have made a pathfinder spells, APG spells and Rules Mod that gives players most of what they need to play.

I will make a .pak file for you guys to drop into the Fantasy Grounds Folder to speed up load times.

Character creation This week would allow us to start next Sunday.

Rules For Character Creation.

1. I normally do a 25-30 Point buy, so lets do a 20 and see how it goes.

2. Anything published by Paizo is fair game for character creation.

3. NO EVIL CHARACTERS (NO)

4. Rite Publishing does a 101 1-7th level spells that i use.

5. I don't want a party of great RP characters that will not survive the first 3 weeks of combat. use of a good back story will do. you can RP your character as you will. design it to survive.

6. Someone is going to need healing at some point!!!!!!!

7 Playtest class options are usable (even the gunslinger) bu you'll have to come up with the coin to make it work.

8. Be creative, try something new, if it doesn't work i can kill off your character. you can make another one.

9. Standard Races(if you can not live without playing some non standard race I'll look it over) the more creative your reason to play non-standard, the greater the chance I'll let you use it.

10. My Skype name is madmanfg2. find me with any questions.

11. First come first serve on classes!!!

Chris

madman
February 12th, 2011, 19:41
Can you guys let me know on skype before you join the game. as i am doing other things. and you may be jumping into the wrong game.

Thanks
Chris

Spooner
February 13th, 2011, 22:56
Que epic intro music. Today is the day.

Dershem
February 14th, 2011, 13:34
Good Game All!

madman
February 14th, 2011, 18:45
I created a msg board for the game. you can find it here (https://madmanfg2.forumotion.com/)

Chris