PDA

View Full Version : help getting started

Ringtail69
January 26th, 2011, 23:42
i just downloaded the program and was trying to get it started so i can understand how it would work, but for some reason i cant get started. is there something i am doing wrong or do i need to buy a membership and register?

Griogre
January 27th, 2011, 04:15
You should be able to download the demo and play around with it. If you want to have others to connect to the demo you will need to configure your router and firewall(s) to open port 1802 and forward the port to the local IP number of the server.

Ringtail69
January 27th, 2011, 06:19
ok i have downloaded the demo and that is working with me just fine but now when i go to the full program isntead of the demo it gives me the choices of join game, check for updates, activate license and buy license, all of which are in lit up boxes. there is a box that says start but its not lit up like the rest. so my question is how do i get that to light up?

Griogre
January 27th, 2011, 22:47
There are different versions of FG. To use any version other than the demo or unregistered version you need to buy a license key.

To host a game you need either the Ultimate or Full version of FG. These versions allow you host an FG server and run a game as GM. The difference between the Full and Ultimate versions is who can collect you to your server. With the Ultimate version any player running the following can connect and play: Ultimate, Full, Lite, and Unregistered. With the Full the following can connect: Ultimate, Full, and Lite. So the only differance is unregistered clients can collect to the Ultimate version, which means those players don't have to buy a license.

The lite version can be a player with any server version of FG (Ultimate or Full).