PDA

View Full Version : Harnmaster ruleset?

William Wisner
January 25th, 2011, 14:33
Is there a ruleset for Harnmaster out there? HM3 hopefully?

Will

peterb
January 30th, 2011, 23:00
No - there's no HM ruleset. It would be an major undertaking to build one and because the ownership of the Harn/HM IP is a matter of dispute a commercial product is unlikely.

GunnarGreybeard
January 31st, 2011, 06:55
Is there a ruleset for Harnmaster out there? HM3 hopefully?

Will Nope. Probably the best chance of anything seeing the light of day is for someone to do one from scratch. I have the desire and have considered doing an Extension for the BRP Ruleset to at least try replicating some Harnmaster things but even the most trivial XML stuff is beyond my skills at this time.

I know CGI has produced software for Harn/Harnmaster so I'm guessing they claim the software related property rights (more or less) so I figure they are the best hope of this going anywhere. I had mentioned it to them in an email when I was ordering some stuff a while back but they never mentioned it in their reply to me.

GMBazUK
January 31st, 2011, 10:56
I worked on developing a character sheet for HM1 back in 2007.
What I remember of that experience:
A guy (or gal') called simply "Crusader" (from the UK I think) purported to be running a HM campaign with FG (back in 2007). To what extent he had a ruleset...?
A chap called "Stuart" (who had worked on Ars Magica for FG I think) expressed some interest in helping me to develop my ruleset.
I think, he has now left the FG community but again... what do I know.
One of the concerns I encountered at the time (2007) with the ruleset, was a scripting issue to do with rulesets that required characters to have multiple hit locations. I'm afraid my memory isn't what it was, so I'm unable to elaborate; besides FG seems to have moved on quiet a way since then.
Hope this helps.

StuartW
January 31st, 2011, 13:10
For the avoidance of doubt, it wasn't this Stuart :)

Stuart

GunnarGreybeard
January 31st, 2011, 13:24
For the avoidance of doubt, it wasn't this Stuart :)

Stuart Hehe . . you're the 1st one that came to my mind when I saw that name posted. :D

Oberoten
January 31st, 2011, 14:16
Far as I know I am the only who has worked on Ars Magica. But my name is Oberoten.

If you need help getting started though, come by the channel.

- Obe

Stuart
January 31st, 2011, 18:33
A chap called "Stuart" (who had worked on Ars Magica for FG I think) expressed some interest in helping me to develop my ruleset.
I think, he has now left the FG community but again... what do I know.
It may have been me as I have played Harn and was interested in developing a ruleset but frankly, at my age, I struggle to remember what I had for breakfast. :confused:

My name is "Stuart" though (labels on my clothes say that much ... though I could be some guy called Mark Spencer) and I did" leave" the FG community until a week ago when I FINALLY got routers, laptops and everything to talk to each other.:D

StuartW
January 31st, 2011, 18:40
Welcome back Stuart (the *real* Stuart).

From an Imposter.

Oberoten
February 2nd, 2011, 09:30
It may have been me as I have played Harn and was interested in developing a ruleset but frankly, at my age, I struggle to remember what I had for breakfast. :confused:

My name is "Stuart" though (labels on my clothes say that much ... though I could be some guy called Mark Spencer) and I did" leave" the FG community until a week ago when I FINALLY got routers, laptops and everything to talk to each other.:D

Welcome back old chap.

- Obe

GMBazUK
February 2nd, 2011, 17:09
Ah yes, thats the chap. Stuart with the dark cape and ominous stare.
Yeah the Ars Magica reference might have been a bit off the mark. I'm also aged and... er, hmmm...
As a long time lurker, I to am glad to see your back Stuart.

Mac77
October 4th, 2018, 00:47
So, I am guessing that no ever made? I saw this that got me a bit excited : https://bloodybohemianearspooninn.com/2017/02/11/harnmaster-and-fantasy-grounds-vtt

Mac77
October 4th, 2018, 00:48
So, I am guessing that no ever made? I saw this that got me a bit excited : https://bloodybohemianearspooninn.com...sy-grounds-vtt

GunnarGreybeard
October 4th, 2018, 13:18
So, I am guessing that no ever made? I saw this that got me a bit excited : https://bloodybohemianearspooninn.com/2017/02/11/harnmaster-and-fantasy-grounds-vttThat's some stuff I was throwing together using the MoreCore Ruleset. A truly functioning ruleset would require extensive coding imho, especially because of the way combat works, but I think that MoreCore could be made to work to effectively run games.

Here is the latest 'theme' placeholder I have been working on.

GunnarGreybeard
October 4th, 2018, 14:19
and as coding is way beyond me abilities, except for maybe a simple theme extension. I just said screw it and have been working on getting all my book data entered and set up as modules in the hopes that one day I will be able to use them. :D