PDA

View Full Version : Saturnian Enigma

VenomousFiligree
January 24th, 2011, 21:37
The players are playing the crew of the civilian (Galactic Lines) exploration vessel TIRELESS and are inbound to Saturn to refuel and take on supplies at TITAN Station, before their onward long-range flight to Pluto. The crew emerge from hibernation 24 hours before their ETA at the Station. After revival, the Captain summons the crew to the Operations Room for a situation report.

"OK, all hands, this is Captain VANDERBILT- we've arrived at Saturn. However, we've got a problem. TITAN Station appears to be down, so we may need to render assistance if they're in trouble. At the very least we need supplies and fuel for our onward journey to Pluto. All stations give me a status report!"

"Pilot VON BRAUN: Engines are off but ready. We're clear of the ring system, and there are no navigational hazards in sensor range."

"JENKINS, Lead Scientist: Nothing to report, dammit, as we're not at Pluto yet!"

"Chief BURROUGHS: Power is optimal. Fuel state is sufficient for local manoeuvring and a return flight to Jupiter. All flight systems show green across the board."

"CARTER, Ship's Android: I've been calling the station but there's no response, not even on the emergency channel. The station's active sensors are not operating. Very unusual."

"ULYSSES, Security: No immediate internal or external threats. Our cargo bay is secured. Both shuttles are fully tanked and good to go. Correction! - new sensor contact at extreme range, not broadcasting any ID - recommend we activate defence systems."

"BRUNO, AI Analyst: Ship's AI performance is good. Repair droids are all serviceable and ready."

(After everyone else) "PARISH, XO: Captain, the ship is secure and free to manoeuvre; possible threat at extreme range; possible rescue situation at TITAN Station; awaiting your orders."

I'm looking to run this in about 2 to 4 weeks, it will be a single adventure, taking about 3 to 4 sessions, on a Sunday or Monday evening (GMT).

I can run the adventure using Strands Of Fate, Savage Worlds or Traveller.