PDA

View Full Version : New to Fantasy Grounds and DMing looking for players.

Chewable
January 23rd, 2011, 05:20
Here's something unusual. I'm a DM looking for players.

Be forewarned. I am a utterly inexperienced at DMing having always been a player. Furthermore, I've yet to use Fantasy Grounds as the DM as well. So this will very much be a trial by fire.

That being said and fed up with the lack of games I could join, I've decided to take matters into my own hands. I finally want to get my money's worth out this ultimate license I bought.

So there it is. I was thinking of hosting either a 3.5./pathfinder game or AD&D 2nd ed. set in Judges Guild's Wilderlands of High Fantasy. I'm also tempted to run a Dark Heresy or Death Watch game as well to try something completely new.

My schedule is pretty flexible, I must say. I'm GMT -05:00 hours (Eastern Time Zone) and except for tuesday evenings and week-ends during the day I am good to go.

Anyone interested?

ajhawes
January 23rd, 2011, 13:27
Hello and welcome!

I would definitely be interested in a Dark Heresy or Deathwatch game - my own group are just about to finish a 4e campaign and move onto Dark Heresy so I would love the opportunity to try out my character idea/s.

I'm in the GMT zone and am available Tues-Thurs evenings from 6:30pm.

I was leaning towards a Techpriest if DH or a Space Wolf if Deathwatch.

Wargamer777
January 24th, 2011, 02:42
AD&D 2nd Ed in JG Wilderlands? I'm all over that... and could bring another 2 players if you run it.

vell0611
January 24th, 2011, 08:57
3.5e and Im in. :D

Chewable
January 24th, 2011, 13:20
First of all, thank you for the interest!

As it stands, each of you are interested in a different game! Are you all dead-set on your choice?

Dr_Babylon
January 25th, 2011, 04:09
I've yearned for an opportunity to try out Dark Heresy for some time. Sadly I've only got late evening Eastern Time availability so it would seem unlikely that I would fit with your crew. Regardless, I salute your bold endeavor.

Dr Babylon

Richard
January 25th, 2011, 04:13
Hello
Will play anything.
Only ever played face to face before but the group has split so looking for a new venue.
On my map i'm at GMT +10 (Eastern Australia).
just my 2c worth "Pathfinder".

Dershem
January 25th, 2011, 04:32
I'd be down if you got something going on Thursdays I'm pretty easy but not familiar with Dark Heresy Death Watch.

Chewable
January 26th, 2011, 17:06
Alright. After brushing up on the rules some more, I've decided to go with Dark Heresy.

I'm thinking thursday, the 3rd of February, 19:00 EST.

I haven't given up on the Wilderlands campaign but I want to make it something special and I think it needs to bake in the oven a bit longer.

Wargamer777
January 26th, 2011, 21:35
Sure thing, Chewable. Just keep me on your short list. ;-)

Chewable
January 27th, 2011, 01:06
absolutely, man.

ajhawes
January 27th, 2011, 13:21
Aww unfortunately EST zone is no good for me in GMT over here.

No worries, good luck and hope it's a good one :)

Artfuldodger
January 27th, 2011, 22:30
Sounds like something I'd get into. Is there still a spot left in your group? I'm at GMT+1 but habitualy stay up until 3am, so can even play in the EST early evenings.

For the Emperor! :)

Jakeeeboy
January 28th, 2011, 03:41
Me = No idea what Dark Heresy is. Willing to learn. Probably don't have the ruleset. I can has try?

Bronsonortiz
January 29th, 2011, 06:15
As a new DM you'll want 6-8 interested players as half of them will lose interest or not be able to make it. You should also use a system that there is a lot of interest in, such as Pathfinder, so it wont be hard to repopulate your campaign when your players go MIA. Also, you should set your campign for central time, players on mountain and Pacific time will just have to get off work a little earlier and ESTers willl just have to stay up a little later. Anyway, if you need an extra player for your Pathfiner campaign I'd be willing to play, and luckily for you, I'm also on CST.

Chewable
January 30th, 2011, 01:47
A quick update.

I'll try to set up the game this monday or tuesday so people can connect and build their characters in preperation for the main event. I'll also try to set up something on the game calendar to help people keep track and whatnot.

Keep looking to the stars.

pervysage2000
January 30th, 2011, 14:50
Well im new to this whole Dnd stuff and i bougth this package becasue i want to get into this. i would like to start paying as soon as possible my time is (UTC+09:00) Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo for the next 5 days also im going to the states after that so i will post this on here as well anyone who can help would be awesome thank you