PDA

View Full Version : Question about parsing

coreyk67
January 22nd, 2011, 22:36
I am making an atempt to scrape PHB1 and all I get is the powers and feats. I do have it set to scrape armor, items and magic items as well.

I have sucessfully parsed in most of the powers that i am looking for just cant seem to figure out weapons and magic items.

Thanks for any help

Zeus
January 23rd, 2011, 10:38
coreyk67 - Wizards changed the meta data tagging for Items in the compendium back in October/November 2010 last year. As Wizards have multiple rulebooks which contain item and equipment definitions the data has now be re-tagged as 'Multiple Sources'. As such if you try and search on an item and filter results from source book Player's Handbook, it comes back with zero results. Until Wizards update the Compendium so that filtering for items works again I'm afraid the Parser will not be able to scrape the data. You can still manually cut n paste the data from a PDF into a text file and parse but the process takes slightly longer. See the ParserDocument.txt file for the syntax the Parser needs for Items.

Also, see this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13888) for issues relating to magic items.

coreyk67
January 23rd, 2011, 15:17
You are the greatest.