PDA

View Full Version : Basic Roleplaying (BRP) ruleset updated with a new download/installer

ddavison
January 21st, 2011, 05:37
Thanks to Foen for resupplying these files.

The new format uses a non-MSI installer so it no longer checks for or limits installs over other versions of BRP. This change was made to correct an issue experienced by those who had both the RMC and the BRP rulesets, which inadvertently registered them as the same product on Windows.

One positive side-effect of this correction is that the ruleset is now provided as a PAK file which should make it load a little faster -- especially for people playing in multiple BRP campaigns. The user manual and sample extension have also been moved to a new folder structure we've been using called "AddOns". Links to this will be accessible from your start menu under Fantasy Grounds\AddOns, but you can also find it in the root of your FG folder's application data directory.

If you have the earlier version installed, you may want to uninstall it first to remove the expanded copy previously placed in your "rulesets" folder.

-Doug

ddavison
January 21st, 2011, 05:38
One other note: your previous download links from your receipt email will work, as will links from the Order History page. All download counts for BRP have been increased to allow for the additional downloads.

phantomwhale
January 21st, 2011, 10:22
Is this accessible via the "store" order history links ? As I'm getting "invalid file" when I click on them...

ddavison
January 21st, 2011, 13:14
Yes it should. I corrected the path and it should work again now.