PDA

View Full Version : Gauging Pathfinder Community

Arin
January 20th, 2011, 21:47
So I pretty much exclusively play Pathfinder these days, and I notice there don't seem to be a lot of people talking about it. I suspect this is due to a horrible GM shortage, but I'm not sure - maybe it's lack of interest altogether in the community? So I'm taking a poll. :)

I'm also VERY eager to play, I DM a group already, but I suppose I'll take one for the team if there's a TON of homeless pathfinder players out there.

Thank you for your participation.

Leonal
January 21st, 2011, 00:34
I play (though that game is on hiatus as WH40k Rogue Trader spiked more interest) and GM (2 groups) Pathfinder, but both my groups consist of good old friends and thus there is little time and/or interest in beginning a public game too.

I guess this might be the same for other people too. (This goes for any system though)

Raen_777
January 21st, 2011, 02:21
I at one point had the players guide in pdf for pathfinder and have read up some on it. I'm a long time 3.5 player and started playing D&D with the thin red books, and have played every version since then. My TZ is GMT-6 and I would prefer to play in later games (after 7pm). If it seems that I would be a fit for anyone starting a campaign, then please send me a PM on here.

l1wolf
January 21st, 2011, 21:03
I would like to play a gestault game of Pathfinder, but i have very limited time.

Rrast
January 22nd, 2011, 18:13
Last month I just finished running a 2 year home campaign that went as high level as 16. We started when Pathfinder was in beta testing. I've played and judged Pathfinder release at Gen Con as well. I'm a big fan. I just recently started messing around with FGII last year. I've been in two campaigns that seemed promising, but died off for one reason or another. Mostly DMs falling off the face of the Earth.

I'd be up for either playing or running a group that is equal in roleplaying and dungeon crawling.

Astinus
January 22nd, 2011, 20:11
I think one reason there isn't a lot of Pathfinder talk here is that the tools to support it haven't been properly developed, other than Madman's great extension.

But work is afoot to properly parse spells and feats and so on, from the PRD into modules, so as this progresses hopefully we'll see more activity here.

Tymire
January 24th, 2011, 22:33
Would be interested here depending on the day and time.

LordDeathJC
January 25th, 2011, 22:09
Would like to find a Pathfinder game to play myself as well

Dershem
January 26th, 2011, 00:05
Would be interested here depending on the day and time.

Same For me

Rrast
January 26th, 2011, 00:26
Has anyone played the War of the Burning Sky campaign? I'm thinking for running it using Pathfinder for those interested. I haven't decided on a full blown campaign announcement, but just curious about interest.

madman
January 26th, 2011, 01:45
I may run a game on sundays, starting soon. More than likely a paizo adventure path. I do half roll/role play games, with lots of humor. I like to play for fun. Rules are important, but fun is the rule i use most. if you make it sound like it can be done i'll most likely let you try it(even if it kills you) as a DM i once played with put it.

Time is open at this point but the day will be sunday.

Let me know if you would like in on this.

Chris

Astinus
January 26th, 2011, 16:26
I'm interested in a Sunday game. I was thinking of running one, but playing would be more realistic at this point.

Raen_777
January 27th, 2011, 01:10
I would most likely be down for a Sunday game, depending on when you want to get it started.

Rrast
January 27th, 2011, 14:29
I'm down for Sunday as well! :)

Spooner
January 27th, 2011, 18:19
Ooo, a sunday game? Sign me up. For once, i have my weekends free!

Dershem
January 28th, 2011, 00:20
I'd be down for anything after 5:15 cst Sunday's.

madman
January 28th, 2011, 01:19
i will start a new thread. for game info and whatnot.

madman's pathfinder game i will call it.

Chris

Bronsonortiz
January 29th, 2011, 05:51
I'd like to join in any PF game 5-12 CST and I plan to also take one for the team and DM a game within the next 30 days, since there is no team without a DM.

Arin
February 3rd, 2011, 18:42
Well, it's been an interesting survey so far. :)

Hey Hye Roler, I'm particularly interested in you as the only one who said he doesn't DM pathfinder yet, but would be interested. I'd be happy to mentor you through the process, either by letting you set up a game and advise you from the background or by having you join my game as a "half-player" (I reveal secrets and reasons and all that fun stuff to you so you can see why and how I do what I do, which means as a player you're relegated to keeping quiet when the group debates stuff since you'd have too much knowledge to participate in that way).

Up for it? (For that matter, anyone else reading this and considering DMing for the first time?)

Clarance
February 5th, 2011, 13:26
I read through the core book once and thought it would be great but than moved away from the guy who was going to gm, I would love to play it still if someone got a game going.