PDA

View Full Version : SW SciFi

Doswelk
January 18th, 2011, 21:03
New theme for Savage Worlds, will be making a Post-Apoc version next.

StuartW
January 19th, 2011, 06:42
Hi Kevin

Some of that stuff looks strangely familiar ... Traveller material by any chance?

Stuart

StuartW
January 19th, 2011, 06:43
BTW, I love the starfield background - I wanted to do something like that but couldn't find a decent enough image :(

Stuart

Doswelk
January 19th, 2011, 12:52
Hi Kevin

Some of that stuff looks strangely familiar ... Traveller material by any chance?

Stuart

Shouldn't be, I draw them all myself...

It's a combination of my Modern skin and the my old Serenity theme I did some time ago.

Found a cool tutorial on brushed metal for gimp and excessive use of the bevel scripts.

I suppose though one brushed metal window is similar to another.

mr_h
January 19th, 2011, 17:47
Having just found a conversion for Star Frontiers to Savage Worlds, this is awesome:)

StuartW
January 20th, 2011, 06:39
Shouldn't be, I draw them all myself...

It's a combination of my Modern skin and the my old Serenity theme I did some time ago.

Found a cool tutorial on brushed metal for gimp and excessive use of the bevel scripts.

I suppose though one brushed metal window is similar to another.

Then great minds think alike! :D

Doswelk
January 20th, 2011, 09:59
Then great minds think alike! :D

Ah! Indeed!

I did have a copy of your traveller theme at some time, so I suspect that's where the influence comes from... ;)

Looking at your screenshot it would appear that I have "stolen" one part of your artwork (and re-colored it) the hot key bar. :o

I have a folder with lots of unused "windows" for FGII that I hack around and must have "nicked" it.

:o :o :o :o :o