PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st Edition Ruleset

neilgfoster
January 12th, 2011, 14:27
To download the latest version, report a bug, or request a new feature then please click here (https://www.theforbiddentome.com/fantasy-grounds-ii/warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-v1.html)

This is a ruleset for the 1st edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Contains character sheet, notes, story, images, items, and basic combat tracker. This version includes the following changes:

WFRP v1 Ruleset
Current Version v2.0.0 - Released 24th September 2012
* Rewrite entire ruleset to bring it up-to-date with FG v2.9.0

Version : v1.3.0 - Released 23rd January 2012
* Resolved a number of bugs and issues throughout the ruleset
* Upgraded the ruleset to full FG v2.8 compatability

Version 1.2.0 - Released 13th June 2011
* Integrate dice-roller changes made by Oberoten

Version 1.1.0 - Released 26th May 2011
* Remove dependency on the resolution extensions
* Add scroller controls to all list controls
* General code updates and tidy

Version 1.0.0 - Released 12th January 2011
* Initial Release

Note that from version 1.1. onwards, the ruleset no longer has a dependency on using the resolution extensions. The chat window will now automatically resize to match the desktop size. It is recommended that you remove the extensions from the FG2 extension folder.

neilgfoster
January 12th, 2011, 14:31
Hi all,

I have posted up my version of a ruleset for the 1st edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, I hope someone finds it of use.

As yet, I have not playtested it, so if someone does have a go then let me know how well it worked - comments and feedback always welcome and I'm happy to look at adding additional features.

Note: On its own, the ruleset does not contain a chatwindow. You need to download and enable one of the resolution extensions. I have followed this route as I commonly use my Netbook when travelling, and wanted to make a 'Netbook Friendly' ruleset - this was the best way I could achieve this due the limitations in the current version of FG2

Enjoy!

Oberoten
January 12th, 2011, 23:46
Now this is very very nice. :) I have been looking at making a WHFRPG1 ruleset on and off for a few years but it has never been quite so high on the priorities as other rulesets have been.

Now that there IS a ruleset though... I am MORE than pleased to use it. :)

- Obe

drahkar
January 13th, 2011, 00:59
I've just uploaded this to the FGWiki for access at neilgfoster's request. You can grab it here: https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/WHFRPG1

neilgfoster
January 13th, 2011, 08:50
Cheers guys.

I have used this as an experiment in order to learn FG2 and creating rulesets. Now that its done, I can focus on the main prize - a WFRP 3rd Edition Ruleset! Already got the custom dice working, so watch this space ;)

Oberoten
January 13th, 2011, 10:59
I were wondering if you'd mind if I added a few things to this set? I'll of course credit you for your work. I was mostly thinking a career-list entry on the character-sheet as a list.

Add a career there and the GM can click to go back and see what careers have been taken before.

- Obe

neilgfoster
January 13th, 2011, 11:46
Hi Obe,

I have no problem at all if you want to modify the ruleset, although be aware that I have already started a v1.1 which will include some minor graphical tweaks.

It would be good to maintain a single ruleset, so if you want to send me your changes Ill be happy to integrate them with mine, or the alternative is to make your changes an extension. Either way, I'm happy to provide as much assistance as I can - I have a big soft spot for WFRP v1 as it was the game that started me roleplaying.

Out of curiosity, are you just wanting to track a list of previous careers, or additional information about each career the character took such as which advancements they took?

I did consider creating a separate tab to the character sheet called 'careers', displayed as a list with a 'current' tick box allowing the player to select which one was current. Like the spell, skill & inventory lists, this could pop-up a separate window which would contain the career details (entries, exits, and advancement scheme)

Valarian
January 13th, 2011, 12:34
Note: On its own, the ruleset does not contain a chatwindow. You need to download and enable one of the resolution extensions. I have followed this route as I commonly use my Netbook when travelling, and wanted to make a 'Netbook Friendly' ruleset - this was the best way I could achieve this due the limitations in the current version of FG2
That's how you did it. I wondered having tried it myself a while back. I struggled with overriding the chat window. Didn't think to remove it from the base ruleset altogether.

neilgfoster
January 13th, 2011, 12:48
Hi Valarian,

I saw your posts, and hit exactly the same problems. It seems as though the chatwindow is a special beast within FG2 - looks like it gets initialized immediatly when declared, outside of the documented process of loading the ruleset, then extensions, then initializing.

This was the best I could manage for now. Its not perfect, but works, and does allow people to create their own extensions if they want a bigger chatwindow for higher resolutions.

drahkar
January 13th, 2011, 14:22
Didn't realize that the chat window was in a seperate extension module. I've updated the entries for the FGWiki and added those two extensions.

GunnarGreybeard
January 13th, 2011, 15:21
Man, you guys are awesome! Now I have a reason to dig out those WHFRPG v1 books sitting on my bookshelf and use them instead of having there just for looks. ;)

Blue Haven
January 13th, 2011, 21:53
O...M...G!!! 1st edition!!! wow i only saw it today!! Thank you so much for this friend!!!

Blue Haven
January 13th, 2011, 22:17
Err...after i installed the ruleset the exts doesn´t show up neither the module...why...? do i have to change anything on the exts or modules so i can use them in game...?
Thanks

neilgfoster
January 13th, 2011, 22:24
Hi Blue Haven,

The extensions and modules are zipped and will need extracting after downloading. After extraction, copy the .ext files to the extensions folder, and .mod file to the modules folder in your fg2 application data folder. That should hopefully sort it :)

Blue Haven
January 14th, 2011, 11:47
Errr...i know that and that´s what i did already...i asked for help because like i said after i installed the ruleset and added the exts and module to the right folders when i create a game i can´t see the ext to choose and in game i cannot see the module...maybe the name of the ruleset folder is not the right one to match the ext or mod files?? i have named the ruleset WFRP_v1 is this right?

neilgfoster
January 14th, 2011, 11:55
Sorry, wasn't sure how you'd copied the files.

The ruleset is named WFRP v1, with the space, not an underscore. Rename the ruleset folder and try again - hopefully that should fix it.

GunnarGreybeard
January 14th, 2011, 13:09
I'm surprised Fersboo hasn't been on this thread yet. :D

Blue Haven
January 14th, 2011, 18:59
Sorry, wasn't sure how you'd copied the files.

The ruleset is named WFRP v1, with the space, not an underscore. Rename the ruleset folder and try again - hopefully that should fix it.

Yup that was the problem :) thank you so much :)
Do you plan on changing the background and icons...? to make them more warhammer like :)

neilgfoster
January 17th, 2011, 13:04
Do you plan on changing the background and icons...? to make them more warhammer like :)

Yes, at some point I do intend to try and create a more warhammer like theme, but it not high on my to-do list at the moment

Oberoten
March 6th, 2011, 13:49
Added doubleclickable skills and resolution.

Posting the concept on the Wiki.

https://oberoten.dyndns.org/images/screenshot0020.png

- Obe

Oberoten
March 6th, 2011, 21:49
After tonights game I added another little update to make sure that descriptions from the modifiers get added as well.

I also made sure that the modified version of the ruleset (now locked to the 1024x768 resolution after one of the players said that having the chatwindow in a extensions gave him problems with focus on it.) is on a separate link.

- Obe

https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/WHFRPG1

neilgfoster
March 7th, 2011, 09:12
Hi Obe,

Great work, I like the idea of the double-click roll and check and can look at integrating those changes with the other 'tweaks' that I have made. Progress has slowed somewhat as I have also been working another ruleset.

Shame one of your players had problems with the chat window. In general how is the ruleset working for you? Its good to see someone using it and playing a little 'old skool' WFRP!

Oberoten
March 7th, 2011, 13:21
Well I think it'd benefit from implementation of a modifier-box. So I imagine I'll see if the one that I started on and Saithan and Ikael has been helping me with could work with WHFRP if it does? I think we have a winner.

- Obe

neilgfoster
May 26th, 2011, 09:39
All, I have posted a new version of the ruleset to my site. The main feature of this release is that it removes the need for the resolution extensions - The chat window in now included in the base ruleset and resizes itself to match the desktop size.

I still have to get round to integrating the changes made by Oberoten, but will hopefully get round to that pretty soon as I am getting close to completing another ruleset that I've been working on.

Oberoten
June 6th, 2011, 10:50
Neill and others :

I have posted a updated version as well, I changed the combat tracker around a bit so it too incorporates the WS, BS and I as doubleclickable rolls. (Attack with ranged and close combat, parry and Dodge as it is.)

Same thing goes for weapon-entries, which are now changeable from the combat page as well as from the Inventory page. Bonuses are set on the weapon and added together for a doubleclick attackroll as well as for damage rolls.

Identity is adjusted on rolls from NPC-sheets and combat tracker to avoid the GM looking like a noob who forgets to change into the right ID.

Enjoy

- Obe

neilgfoster
June 6th, 2011, 10:55
Great work Obe,

I have now placed the ruleset under open source control on SourceForge. If you are familiar with SourceForge and SVN then I am happy to give you access so you can apply your changes to the same branch that I am working on.

If not, then I will look at trying to integrate your changes ASAP with mine. That should be a lot easier for myself now as the SVN tools allow me to compare files.

Sillius
June 7th, 2011, 21:41
I am looking at the ruleset and it looks good. So, is there a mod for this? As in, rulebook info? If not, I may have to use WHFRP2 for my upcoming campaign. And yes, we all own the book (at one time I had four, heh.)

Oberoten
June 12th, 2011, 01:02
Two more changes to the modified version :

Added in size-shifting chatwindow and remade the D100 to work in the more common way with the D100 dice being 0 to 99 and the d10 being 0 to 9 with a 00 = 100

- Obe

neilgfoster
June 13th, 2011, 09:52
All,

I have integrated all the changes made by Oberoten back into the main development branch of the ruleset, and released this as version 1.2. This release includes all of Oberotens changes, plus some minor changes made by myself.

Blue Haven
June 14th, 2011, 13:13
Sorry to ask this Obe but is there any diference between your ruleset and the one from neil?? i have both and they have diferent sizes...what´s the best one or the only diference is the aspect of the ruleset??
Thanks

neilgfoster
June 14th, 2011, 13:19
Sorry to ask this Obe but is there any diference between your ruleset and the one from neil?? i have both and they have diferent sizes...what´s the best one or the only diference is the aspect of the ruleset??
Thanks

Blue Haven,

I would recommend the Version 1.2 by myself. In this version, I have taken all the modifications made by Oberoten and merged them into a single ruleset that includes some additional fixes that I had also made.

Blue Haven
June 14th, 2011, 13:27
Ok friend :) thanks my only problem i was getting lost with so many versions and can´t tell what was the good one...
thanks

neilgfoster
June 14th, 2011, 13:33
No problem :) Where possible, I will always try and integrate any changes made by others into my ruleset, making it the 'main' version.

I have contacted Obe and will look at getting the Wiki updated with this latest version as well.

Oberoten
June 15th, 2011, 00:09
Just pulled the file from the Wiki and tried it...
... the one currently on the table offers none of my changes and no scaleable chatwindow.

Did you upload the correct one?

- Obe

neilgfoster
June 15th, 2011, 08:40
I have just download the file from the wiki a couple of times, and each time it appears to be the correct version. The dice roller and scalable chat window are both there.

Oberoten
June 15th, 2011, 16:06
*pokes the Wiki*

... that was fricking weird, downloading it at home now instead at from work and it works perfectly.

Sorry for casting doubts upon your wiki-proves. The misstake has somehow been mine (damned if I know HOW though... )

- Obe

Oberoten
June 15th, 2011, 17:15
Doubleclicking I on the weapon (dodge per example) threw an error. This is now fixed.

Updated the base.xml to mirror the new version number and uploaded to the Wiki.

- Obe

neilgfoster
January 23rd, 2012, 13:43
All, I have released a new version of the WFRP 1st Edition ruleset. This release resolves a number of issues within the ruleset.

This new version can be downloaded by following the links in the original post.

Blue Haven
January 24th, 2012, 15:57
Thank you so much friend :)
One question why don't you create or recreate the ruleset for 2nd edition?? it needs so much things and a change of face too :P

neilgfoster
January 24th, 2012, 17:52
One question why don't you create or recreate the ruleset for 2nd edition?? it needs so much things and a change of face too :P

I would love to, but the problem is finding the time as I do this in my free time. Maybe once I have finished some of my other rulesets then I will turn my attention to 2nd Edition.

Blue Haven
January 25th, 2012, 12:12
I forgot to ask you one thing...do you plan on changing the icons and theme of the ruleset? because a setting like this deserves something Big and Epic!! ;)

neilgfoster
September 24th, 2012, 16:38
All,

I am happy to announce that I have released v2.0 for the Warhammer 1st Edition ruleset. This version is a complete rewrite of the ruleset, bringing it bang up to date with other rulesets that I have produced and v2.9.1 of Fantasy Grounds.

Please see the first post for links to download the ruleset. I have also set-up an idea informer page for this ruleset should you wish to raise any bugs or request any new features.

Oberoten
September 26th, 2012, 11:13
Alas the newest links point to 1.3 when downloaded.

- Obe

neilgfoster
September 26th, 2012, 11:15
Ah. Sorted now

Oberoten
September 26th, 2012, 11:18
Excellent. :) Have to see what you have done with the beast.

- Obe

neilgfoster
September 26th, 2012, 11:20
You may not notice much difference, but I have refactored the entire ruleset to bring it up-to-date with the other rulesets that I have written. This will help me better support any feature requests that you may have.

Note: The format of the library has changed. If you have created a library for this ruleset then PM me and I will upgrade your library to the latest version.

Oberoten
September 26th, 2012, 11:25
I might (if you'll let me) drop into it again and do a few changes like I did last time around... Perhaps linking a WS-total on the weapons to speed up combat a little. (If someone has a weapon with a bonus or a penalty per example)

Also thinking that mayhap it'd be a good idea to make the current levl auto-update instead of having to wait for middle-mouse click.

- Obe

neilgfoster
September 26th, 2012, 11:37
In honesty I would prefer that you request the changes that you would like to see and I will make them. If they are simple changes like the weapon weaponskill bonus then I can get them done very fast.

As for the auto-update of the current profile, I do not do this for a reason. My thoughts are that some of your profile values will not actually match the current value. E.g. Wounds - when you take wounds your current wound value reduces. If the current level is set to auto-update then you would lose any penalties that you may have been applied to a characteristic should you take an advance.

neilgfoster
September 27th, 2012, 10:05
Hi Obe,

I have released a small update to the ruleset which adds the ability to automatically roll a WS check taking into account a weapons modifier. Simply drag or double click the weapons WS value to perform the roll

the dirty fecker
January 29th, 2024, 20:27
To download the latest version, report a bug, or request a new feature then please click here (https://www.theforbiddentome.com/fantasy-grounds-ii/warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-v1.html)

This is a ruleset for the 1st edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Contains character sheet, notes, story, images, items, and basic combat tracker. This version includes the following changes:

WFRP v1 Ruleset
Current Version v2.0.0 - Released 24th September 2012
* Rewrite entire ruleset to bring it up-to-date with FG v2.9.0

Version : v1.3.0 - Released 23rd January 2012
* Resolved a number of bugs and issues throughout the ruleset
* Upgraded the ruleset to full FG v2.8 compatability

Version 1.2.0 - Released 13th June 2011
* Integrate dice-roller changes made by Oberoten

Version 1.1.0 - Released 26th May 2011
* Remove dependency on the resolution extensions
* Add scroller controls to all list controls
* General code updates and tidy

Version 1.0.0 - Released 12th January 2011
* Initial Release

Note that from version 1.1. onwards, the ruleset no longer has a dependency on using the resolution extensions. The chat window will now automatically resize to match the desktop size. It is recommended that you remove the extensions from the FG2 extension folder.

This does not work for me. I am getting this (file attached). Does this ruleset work? Can you help me to get it working please?

Thanks
Luke

damned
January 29th, 2024, 23:37
This ruleset is over 12 years old and will not work. Closing thread.