PDA

View Full Version : PCs can't target enemies

Hellraiser
January 8th, 2011, 18:17
Ok, I'm sure there's something blatantly simple here that I'm missing, because I've never had issues with this in the past, but I recently reinstalled Fantasy Grounds so that I can run a campaign. I'm just demoing it right now with one of the new players, and for some reason, the targeting doesn't work.

I have the PC with his mini on the map, monster's there as well, he clicks on her and a thin green (his color) line goes around the monster, but not the big thick target line that I'm used to seeing. In addition, and probably more important, the combat tracker doesn't show the link so when he uses his powers, they don't actually target the enemy.

I've checked the options and didn't see anything, didn't see anything through any of the right click menus... can anyone direct me to what the issue might be?

Galdrin
January 8th, 2011, 20:25
I once had similar problems when I did a beginers error. It's probably not whats wrong in your game but I pulled the npc's to the map from the npc tab instead of from the combat tracker and by doing that I guess there was no link between a npc "in game" and the token and therefore I couldn't target it.

Hellraiser
January 8th, 2011, 21:15
You know... I did add the monsters from the tab, but it's possible I added the PC from his character sheet. That might have done it.

Thanks for that, it was driving me nuts.