PDA

View Full Version : Classic Marvel RPG

malachi666
January 8th, 2011, 03:18
Hey Guys,

Anyone interested in playing in a Classic Marvel game? This is the FASERIP system from the 80's and 90's. First of all I am not sure if a FG II ruleset for FASERIIP exists, but no matter we can use the 'Any System' ruleset.

I would prefer to use Skype for the roleplay as I find we can cover more ground in a session.

As far as story is concerned, I would like to work through a classic module.

I am available week nights, except every other Tuesday. I am in the EST. I would prefer to run a 7-11 session. Now I am not sure if I want this to be a campaign, but I would like to definitely run through a one shot. If it turns into something cool, then we will run with it.

You can find the books here https://www.classicmarvelforever.com/cms/ Now before anyone panics, there is a copyright notice on the site. They have it cleared with TSR.

Anyways if you are interested please post or send me a PM.

l1wolf
January 8th, 2011, 05:47
I might be interested.

malachi666
January 8th, 2011, 19:26
OK, wolf. Basically, I am going to allow the players to play an existing marvel character or they can come up with one them selves. This way if there are people out there that are new to Classic Marvel they can play right away. Obviously this has to be within reason. No, you can't play Galactus.... LOL

Kelgate
January 8th, 2011, 23:11
I might be interested. All depends on the interest level of others and the time in which people want to play.

malachi666
January 9th, 2011, 15:31
Or would you guys be interested in Savage Worlds Supers?

l1wolf
January 9th, 2011, 16:45
I have never played either.

malachi666
January 9th, 2011, 21:09
Both systems are relatively easy to learn. I think Savage is a little easier. I have the ruleset for FG.

As for time, I was thinking of every other Thursday starting the 20th. I will start a new thread once I have the particulars ready.

trheel
January 24th, 2011, 01:36
I would b most interested in this.

Darkmind
January 24th, 2011, 15:54
Played many a time, great simple game system. I think it was designed for younger players, but man is it fun. Some of the funniest times I have ever had was just rolling random charts in the Ultimate Powers Book and making PCs/NPCs. Eastern Standard time if you are still looking for players

malachi666
January 24th, 2011, 19:00
hmm this seems to be generating more interest after all. I may just have to do it. Would you guys be interested in every other Tuesday starting the 8th of Feb?

trheel
January 25th, 2011, 16:58
I would b down for that Im est standard time could play until 10 pm or so

Darkmind
January 25th, 2011, 21:19
Sure, depends on the time frame you looking to start (day and Date is fine), but I usually can't do anything till 7-8ish (pm)

zohnnyg
February 8th, 2011, 07:09
ill play. im pacific time. ive played a little before. will you let us do things like say for instance im the hulk and i grab a steel city street light and wrap it around my hand like brass knuckles and use it to enhance my punch? another cool thing to do would be if youre playing a hero and that hero dies then that hero is out of the marvel universe and you cant use him or her again. its also fun to mix in some dc universe characters. but anyways yeah id like to play.

my email is [email protected]

malachi666
February 8th, 2011, 14:59
zohnnyg, the only problem with that is is that damage from a weapon is limited by it's material strength, so no hulk sized brass knuckles don't do any thing extra.

malachi666
February 9th, 2011, 01:42
Sorry for not posting in a while. I haven't given up on this. I think, you guys are still interested in this idea, we can certainly run a one off. If we really like this it could turn into a campaign.

zohnnyg
February 9th, 2011, 03:56
start sending us invites so we can get organized and play. lets play all of the adventure modules. ive played the game i know its fun.

trheel
February 10th, 2011, 12:49
How many do we have playing? I have a campaign ready to go if u want to play instead of judge

malachi666
February 10th, 2011, 14:20
actually that might just work for the better in the interim. I have a bunch of work to do on my campaign currently, I would love to play. What days/times were you thinking?

trheel
February 10th, 2011, 17:27
Sun. Mon. Thurs. Possably tuesday all est - 5gmt. Whenever everybody agrees

zohnnyg
February 11th, 2011, 05:16
im pacific time just tell me what day and time pacific. are we going to play as heroes or villians in your campaign? also tell us what books to start reading.

trheel
February 13th, 2011, 14:04
I have an adventure in mind we will play premade characters. You have your choice of Ironman, Captain America, Thor, Yellowjacket, Giantman, Wasp, Hawkeye, Black Knight. I can play Sun, Mon, Thurs. From 6pm to 11 pm est Just post with what character choice you want and what days and times are good for you.

malachi666
February 14th, 2011, 12:54
I am most available on Mondays, but I can't start before 7 pm EST. As for character, I would most likely go for Cap, Giant Man, or Wasp.

trheel
February 14th, 2011, 13:08
mon. 7 sounds good

malachi666
February 14th, 2011, 14:32
OK, did you mean tonight though? It might not be the best...as it is V-Day.

trheel
February 14th, 2011, 21:08
No. Once we get some people on board and decide on a day. Just me and you so far. No one else has responded

zohnnyg
February 15th, 2011, 06:13
i call thor and ironman

malachi666
February 16th, 2011, 14:34
anyone else?

zohnnyg
February 17th, 2011, 22:17
dang it can we start in the 1st week of march please? my computer needs a new cpu cooler and i get paid march 1st. my computer keeps turning itself off. i really wanna play and i dont wanna miss out.

Paul Fischer
February 26th, 2011, 23:40
Very intrested,

Played in a X-men, game set at Prof X's mansion as a mutant, hit me up,

[email protected] open usually on Mondays and Tuesdays and evenings are great... Thanks

PTF

Paul Fischer
February 26th, 2011, 23:42
Hawkeye or Ironman...

trheel
March 1st, 2011, 00:45
now we have another player how about we start the 14 of march 7pm est with maybe a get together before then to work out any kinks? somebody want to play 2 characters ?

zohnnyg
March 2nd, 2011, 01:55
my computer should be fixed by then i ordered the new part this morning. ill start with 1 character and see how i do. if it goes well ill play 2 characters.

Paul Fischer
March 3rd, 2011, 23:08
I can easiy play two characters, Hawkeye and Wasp... or Thor and Hawkeye...

the 14th works perfect and i have allready requested it off for important reasons.

lets set up that pre game date too...

PTF

zohnnyg
March 8th, 2011, 11:28
ok my computers fixed and im also using speed fan. i should be good to play now when everyones ready.

zohnnyg
March 13th, 2011, 11:23
give us the login information

zohnnyg
March 14th, 2011, 23:41
are we playing today?

zohnnyg
March 16th, 2011, 03:03
are we gonna play sometime?