PDA

View Full Version : Necropolis One Shot

CAPryde
January 7th, 2011, 17:34
Hello All,

I'm thinking about running a one-shot Necropolis session using a con scenario that I wrote for Triple Ace Games. This would be a single adventure, using a squad of pregenerated characters (I've already prepared all of the materials in advance because I've run this game at cons); you would just need to show up ready to rock and roll. I wasn't sure, though, if there would be enough interest for a game. I'm willing to go with 2-3 players. In part I want to see if Necropolis runs well on FG2, because I think that I might like to put together a campaign at some point.

Please post in this thread if you would be interested, or send me a PM. We'd probably play on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon sometime in the next few weeks. If weekends don't work for you, mention that.

EDIT: I should probably describe Necropolis, for those who haven't seen it. Necropolis is a setting that combines a mix of military sci-fi and gothic horror; the players take on the role of Knights fighting for a medieval Catholic-esque church against an invading horde of undead, but the war takes place in the future, so these knights ride into battle on dropships and carry machine guns, flamethrowers, and grenades in addition to their swords. Here's a link to the Triple Ace Games preview page (https://www.tripleacegames.com/Necropolis.php).

Robbo
January 7th, 2011, 18:14
Weekends don't work for me, but I'll be curious to see how it goes for you. Necropolis, while awesome, seems to feature large scale battles between squads of troops and vehicles. I think that would be great as part of an adventure, but I'm concerned that the map sizes would be too large to run it properly on Fantasy Grounds. I just wrote a long screed about maps in another post, so maybe I'm just too map-focused at the moment.

Looking at the book, a typical encounter map can run 30 by 50 squares in size, which at 32 pixels would create a 960px by 1600px map. That's crushing.

Of course there are probably a thousand ways around this that I'm not thinking of, but I just thought I'd mention it. I will try not to think about maps for the rest of the day.

CAPryde
January 7th, 2011, 20:01
I ran a year-long tabletop campaign in Necropolis, and the map-scale issue can definitely be a headache because guns have such long ranges. There are several good ways to manage it, though, ranging from adventure design to using a scaled approach (2:1 or 3:1) for some adventures. I actually think that one advantage of using FG2 will be that it can handle scaling better, owing to the fact that you can quickly measure distances with the drawing tools.

jcdf
January 7th, 2011, 20:11
I would be interested, subject to time. I am at GMT and I am available weekends.

Doswelk
January 7th, 2011, 21:17
I would love to have a play, Necropolis is probably the only TAG game I do not own yet!

William Wisner
January 8th, 2011, 02:13
I'm available for that time slot (also central time) and love the idea behind this setting.

Will

CAPryde
January 9th, 2011, 22:10
I'm glad that y'all are interested. How does next Saturday (Jan. 15) sound? Also, I'm currently at GMT -6 (US Central Standard Time), so what would be a good time to play? I would be open to starting as early as 9 a.m. (3 p.m. GMT) or any time thereafter.

vell0611
January 10th, 2011, 10:34
Any room left? :P

jcdf
January 10th, 2011, 13:40
I am available Saturday the 15th at those times.

CAPryde
January 10th, 2011, 17:40
The original con scenario had six pre-generated characters, so there would be space for you, vell, and for two more people.

Doswelk
January 10th, 2011, 23:57
I'm not likely to be able to attend, but have fun!

vell0611
January 11th, 2011, 18:46
Sign me up then. Though I have to admit having no experience with the ruleset, but I am a quick learner.

Dayson
January 12th, 2011, 13:29
I would like to play also. Saturday works for me. I am GMT -5.

jcdf
January 12th, 2011, 22:45
I'm glad that y'all are interested. How does next Saturday (Jan. 15) sound? Also, I'm currently at GMT -6 (US Central Standard Time), so what would be a good time to play? I would be open to starting as early as 9 a.m. (3 p.m. GMT) or any time thereafter.

I am afraid to say CAPryde, that I will not be able to participate on that day and time.

CAPryde
January 14th, 2011, 22:51
So is there a time that would work for you guys, 9 a.m./3 p.m. doesn't? It's all the same to me, so if you don't mind playing on a Saturday night, I'm happy to move the game to the afternoon or to Sunday afternoon.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this thread. This was the first week of the semester for me (I teach at a local college), so it was incredibly hectic.

ddavison
January 24th, 2011, 06:23
Just a note. I am in the final stages of reviewing Necropolis 2350 conversion complete with tokens. It will probably go up in the next day or two.

CAPryde
January 25th, 2011, 00:38
Wow. That's great news.

Dayson
February 5th, 2011, 17:49
Are you going to set up a campaign? if so count me in.

CAPryde
February 5th, 2011, 23:59
I'd like to start a campaign, but I'm still waiting for the extension to come out.

CAPryde
March 8th, 2011, 15:38
Any word on this? I was very excited about a Necropolis module coming out.

Doswelk
March 8th, 2011, 17:02
Nope, I only did the graphics...

Just bought the book though very nice...