PDA

View Full Version : [Unisystem] Seek for Mebden: GoA game

Ikael
January 6th, 2011, 14:46
I am setting up new short adventure that uses Unisystem rules and Ghost of Albion setting. The game bases on Victorian era where players are from civilized urban environment but are sent to distant India in seek for mythical dwellers called the 'Mebden'. This game contains up to three separate short adventures that forms common story. Adventures are from from MERP module that is converted for GoA setting.

There is no prerequisites about the rules used in the game and they are very easy to learn and play as they are very lightweight and focuses more on storytelling instead of being heavily tactical and strict. Still the game contains cinematic combat and "dungeon crawling". These rules are the same as in Buffy the vampire slayer RPG and short version of them can be found here (https://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/buffy/buffystuff/roleplaygame/rules/index.shtml).

The ruleset used in this game is Unicore with Unisytem extension. The ruleset itself and manual for it can be downloaded from FGWiki (but not the unisystem extension).

I live at GMT+2 timezone but I haven't decided to game time yet. Please answer your interest here or by PMing me. The game in also announced on game calendar: Seek for Mebden (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=559)

jcdf
January 7th, 2011, 20:22
Count me in, subject to time restrictions of course. I am at GMT and have signed up in the calander. What days and times were you thinking about?

Ikael
January 8th, 2011, 12:35
The scheduletime for this game is very open at the moment, but I tend to arrange suitable time for majority of people who are joined in the game. I will wait for little longer if one or two additional people would be interested and then I will start looking/asking about pausable schedule times.

VenomousFiligree
January 8th, 2011, 12:40
Depending on day and times I'd be interested.

Ikael
January 8th, 2011, 15:57
That could make three players! Mind you all let me know what are most suitable time schedules for you so I could try to find one suitable for everyone?

Ikael
January 9th, 2011, 22:51
Alrighty I checked out my own schedule times and compared to others. Seems like pausible schedule times would be either thursday or friday and possibly the best starting time would be 19:00 GMT+0 (so it's 21:00GMT+2 at my timezone) and each session would last 3-4 hours. MurghBpurn, is this timeschedule suitable for you?

I decided to increase the min players from two to three because it might turn out to be too difficult for two players only. Four is always more wanted.
The game contains three adventure that form the overall story, so I think this would last for 6 or 8 session max. This always depends on the pace of interaction between players and GM.

VenomousFiligree
January 9th, 2011, 23:05
Hmm, Mondays would be best for me or a fortnightly wednesday. I travel on a Thursday evening, so definitely couldn't do that, I could maybe push to a fortnightly Friday.

jcdf
January 10th, 2011, 13:42
Friday would suit me as well.

Ikael
January 10th, 2011, 16:53
I updated game calendar's entry about this game. I suggest next friday to be the first session which would start at 19:00 GMT+0 (I don't know how that is displayed in game calendar, sometimes it bugs my hours, so whatever the time is there, I mean 19:00 GMT+0!). This first session would focus on character creation and we can see how much we can do after that. Some sort of prologue would be good but we see it then.

VenomousFiligree
January 11th, 2011, 18:33
Sorry I'll have to bow out of this one.

jcdf
January 12th, 2011, 22:43
I will almost certainly not be able to participate in the game this Friday. A last minute business trip has unexpectedly presented its self.

Ikael
October 9th, 2011, 13:23
Unfortunately this game never got premiere beause of gaming time schedule issues all had. Eventually I lost hope on this game and cancelled it out for now, sorry for those who were willing to play in.