PDA

View Full Version : Paizo and Pathfinder deal?

Astinus
January 3rd, 2011, 23:00
I searched the forums but couldn't find anything on the subject of Paizo agreeing to an official ruleset with modules. Was a commercial arrangement explored and dropped? Or is it still a possibility?

I'd like to know before putting tons of work into some module only good for personal use. Thanks to anyone with info.

VenomousFiligree
January 3rd, 2011, 23:13
It all went a bit quiet after Doug's dealings earlier in the year. The latest that I could find is:

OK, my general thinking at the moment is that 2.8 will primarily be a big 3.5E update. There will also be a few minor features, a couple bug fixes and some developer features also.

Given that, I have been heads down rebuilding 3.5E from scratch to use all the latest and greatest ruleset features we have built. In addition, I will be looking at PF as well to see what can be done.

One thing that I would like to do is update the theme for 3.5E to be slightly different than 4E. Currently, they look identical, since I'm using all the new code and graphics.

Does anyone want to take a stab at helping me re-theme 3.5E?

I already tried simple color casting on the current theme, but it didn't look good. Given the current code and graphics, any theme that works for 4E will work for 3.5E.

Cheers,
JPG

Astinus
January 4th, 2011, 00:26
Nice find. Thanks.