PDA

View Full Version : Question about joining game

Galdrin
January 3rd, 2011, 13:20
Hi,

Sorry if the question is stupid but I haven't been able to find the answer online so I try it here.

I've just bought a ultimate license and plan on GMing some 4e games soon. I've also got my hands dirty with the parser and have managed to get all of the d&d test adventure into a module including NPC's, items, maps, powers, encounters and so on...

But still I feel a bit insecure with runing games through FGII so my question is if it's possible to join a game as a "lurker"? Is it possible to create a lvl 1 character that will not join the action just to get a little experience in how other GM's present a game to players?

Sorry again if the answer is stupid.

Fot5
January 3rd, 2011, 16:37
I have a game that you can lurk on Sundays from 5:30 to 9 Central US. If you're interested and available, there is also an abandoned PC that you could play around with during that time. If you're interested and available, send me a PM.

Galdrin
January 3rd, 2011, 18:14
Thanks for offer Fot5 even if the time doesn't suit me (Central European Timezon) but I still got an answer to my question. I can lurk around without spoiling game, so anyone got room in a ongoing game in Europe?

VenomousFiligree
January 3rd, 2011, 18:15
Does it matter what ruleset?

Galdrin
January 3rd, 2011, 18:19
Not really, just interested in how to present a game to players over FG in a good way with the tools the FG gives a GM.

Edit: I learn better by observing than reading ;)

VenomousFiligree
January 3rd, 2011, 21:28
I'm running a Savage Worlds Laundry session tomorrow at 2000 GMT, you're welcome to come and watch.

Galdrin
January 4th, 2011, 06:26
I would love to join but tonight I have a meeting with my future players to learn them about the FG program. But thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it. Perhaps next session if it suits?

Oberoten
January 4th, 2011, 12:48
I could Dm a non D&D game sometime tonight. Ars Magica or maybe BRP (Good old Drakar & Demoner per example)

Galdrin
January 4th, 2011, 14:11
Ooh, Drakar & Demoner was a long time ago :) would love to visit that place again. But not tonight. I'll get in touch with you over PM.

Oberoten
January 4th, 2011, 14:16
You do so. I am actually working on DoD Expert as a free ruleset for those who like the old swedish classics.--Obe

Galdrin
January 4th, 2011, 14:20
I think I still have some of the Expert and Chronopia materaials left. Let me know if you need help with booring but simple stuff.

Oberoten
January 4th, 2011, 14:30
If you want to see a bit of what can be done with FG i suggest you visit my FGwiki at https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki