PDA

View Full Version : Bug with spell list / Minilist

Jarethspellfire
January 2nd, 2011, 21:27
Dear support crew,

I have been encountering problems with my spell list. We are playing high level and my character's spell list in the character sheet goes up to 9th level.

When i open my mini for spells however, it only displays up to 7th level all the time. No matter what i do i cannot get it to display more.

Do you know what is causing this and what i can do about it please?

Bidmaron
January 3rd, 2011, 04:49
You have to help us a little. Like what ruleset you're using. What version of the ruleset/fg2? When did you start getting the problems?

Jarethspellfire
January 3rd, 2011, 14:42
I have been having the problems from the moment i played a character that had access to level 8 or above spells, a few month's now. The spells from the second spellcasting class do appear after that, so it seems to be a problem displaying spells of 7th level or higher.

I am using FG 2 version v 2.7.3. with the 3.5E ruleset.

(i have uploaded a screenshot of it. This screenshot is from the manage characters window, however it depicts the problem precisely)

Moon Wizard
January 5th, 2011, 20:02
I'm assuming that you already attempted to scroll down with your mouse wheel or the mouse scroll button.

If so, then it is possibly a limitation in the ruleset regarding the overall height of all spells in the list. Try collapsing the Level 0 and Level 1 spell sub-lists.

Regards,
JPG

Jarethspellfire
January 5th, 2011, 23:00
I believe i already tried that but will try again. If this has anything to do with the character sheet and the height of the spell list, is there any way to adjust such things?

Moon Wizard
January 5th, 2011, 23:55
If my assumption is correct, the fix requires the code within the ruleset to be adjusted. I will check for the v2.8 release.

Clicking on the level headers for lower levels in the spell list should collapse the spells for that level, which should allow you to see the higher level spells.

Regards,
JPG

Jarethspellfire
January 16th, 2011, 17:34
Collapsing the spell list seems to work, but having so many spells as a mystic theurge means i have to collapse level 1 2 and 3 from the wizard and level 1 through 7 of the cleric :)

Hopefully there will be a fix for this or is there a way around it?

Moon Wizard
January 17th, 2011, 22:10
I can increase the height of the spell list in the next ruleset release, and that should help.

However, I think that you are going to have problems juggling all those spells anyways. ;)

JPG

Jarethspellfire
January 19th, 2011, 22:05
hahah so true :)

It is quite an exeption, but if the program can handle that, we are atleast certain there will not be any problems in the forseeable future ;)

Thank you for trouble and feedback!