PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds Session bugs

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2011, 00:05
Wasn't really sure where to post this is a fair few "bugs" and not sure where they stemmed from.

My last session was 4 December so I think was the previous version. Today's session was current to 2.7.3 (Ultimate) (with the 3.5e patch). No problems encountered last session.

Extensions in use were:
Savage Worlds Items Extension (Used last session)
(modified) Savage Worlds Powers Extension (Used last session)
Savage Worlds ruleset unofficial patches (Used last session)
Savage Worlds Fantasy Skin (New this session)

"Bugs" noticed:

The values seen my dice (GMs) often weren't the same as the numbers reported into the chat window, the Players said that they were.

When attempting to drag a benny from the tools to the chat window, I got the following script error: Script Error: [string "scripts/chat_chat.lua"]:483: attempt to compare number with nil

The Players and GMs chat window didn't appear to have the same "dimensions" see attached image (I was also playing an absent Players character in a separate (Crossover) bottle), all the Players said that the chat window was skewed.

phantomwhale
January 2nd, 2011, 03:16
Extensions in use were:
Savage Worlds Items Extension (Used last session)
(modified) Savage Worlds Powers Extension (Used last session)
Savage Worlds ruleset unofficial patches (Used last session)
Savage Worlds Fantasy Skin (New this session)

Be good to know which version of the unofficial patches, as I suspect it's not the latest (see below).

Why didn't I know about a Savage Worlds Item extension... got a link to that one ?

New Savage Version on the way, be good to know about extensions because (a) they might be worth making "core" going forward and (b) suspect new versions will break old extensions, due to the copy and pasting required in their creation.

"Bugs" noticed:

The values seen my dice (GMs) often weren't the same as the numbers reported into the chat window, the Players said that they were.

I am aware that Savage has the "you can sometimes grab and regrab dice and gently drop them on the number your after" bug though. Easy workaround is to insist on a "proper roll" (bit like the real gaming table !) but I understand other rulesets automatically give the dice a "kick" across the table when dropped.

But I digress, suspect this is not a related issue. No other ideas though.

When attempting to drag a benny from the tools to the chat window, I got the following script error: Script Error: [string "scripts/chat_chat.lua"]:483: attempt to compare number with nil

This bug was introduced by the 2.7.2 update, and mentioned in this thread : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13580

It should be fixed with the latest unofficial patches extension (v10), although see the thread above for actual coding details, in case you have overwritten that file with any other adjustments.

The Players and GMs chat window didn't appear to have the same "dimensions" see attached image (I was also playing an absent Players character in a separate (Crossover) bottle), all the Players said that the chat window was skewed.

Haven't seen this before from your description, and the attachment is still awaiting moderation...

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2011, 09:32
To answer your questions:

SavageWorldsPatches_v10

Attached Image (https://img810.imageshack.us/i/savageworldssession.jpg/)

Items Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13154) - would appear you did know ;)

Forgot to mention, using the campaign calendar extension as well.

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2011, 09:43
After having a play with and without the skin (the only thing that had changed my end), it would appear to be the skin. Bennies worked fine without and no mismatched rolls.

phantomwhale
January 2nd, 2011, 12:11
Items Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13154) - would appear you did know ;)

Ah, so I did :) Actually did a search for "item extension" and found nothing. "items extension" would of got me there though...

I also found a note in my feature / bug tracker saying "improve item handling" with a link to that thread. There was a loftier aim of drag and drop items for inventory management, but suspect starting with the extension would be an improvement for everyone.

Glad you got to the bottom of the benny / odd rolling issue - screenshot was VERY pretty, and makes me hanker for my large monitor to arrive from overseas. Suspect the odd chat window dimensions might be a skin issue too. Surprised a skin can cause all that, but it's possible I guess.