PDA

View Full Version : Scrambled chatlog

phantomwhale
December 30th, 2010, 02:16
Had one of my players with a "scrambled" chatlog today. It fixed itself once I shared a map with some tokens, but a couple of times during play it seemed to scramble again (briefly).

He is running v2.7.2 (unregistered) and could not update due to an known issue (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13522).

I am running v2.7.3 (Ultimate) and had other players with both versions (all unregistered) who did not see the problem. We are all running on Windows XP or 7, the player in question using XP.

He was playing on an older laptop, with a fairly slow internet connection between us, which might have contributed ? We suggested getting up to date graphics drivers for it, but the drivers did seem fairly up to date upon a quick check anyway.

I have attached a screenshot of the problem. Please let me know if it's a known issue, or if there is anything we might try. Note that the portrait loading messages on the screenshot are a different, unrelated issue that all my players were seeing, which is best described here : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=101876)

Regards,
Ben

Moon Wizard
January 5th, 2011, 20:36
Hmm, never seen that before. There is nothing changed in the client between 2.7.2 and 2.7.3 that should affect the chat window.

He can try /reset next time it occurs to force a redraw of the screen.

I'm not sure how I can reproduce here, but I'll keep an eye out. Let me know if you figure out a way to recreate consistently.

Thanks,
JPG

Griogre
January 7th, 2011, 01:36
It might be a refresh problem. I've been meaning to report that sometimes I get mirrored graphics on the chat window. When that happens to me in the 4E ruleset I get the whole FG desktop mirrored in the chat window. It stays there until the chat refreshes. You can get rid of it by moving the mouse over the chat window. It looks exactly the same as when you have a missing texture in a 3d game. I haven't been able to reproduce it but I wonder if it may have something to do when you have a dice roll straight up along the edge of the chat window (this a wild guess).

phantomwhale
January 7th, 2011, 02:38
Well, we had another game today, and the problem didn't reoccur (no change of versions, other the my extension).

Like I say, only reported it as it's the second time it happened on that one machine. But for now, will keep /reset in mind in case we see it again !

Griogre
January 10th, 2011, 06:25
I got a good screen of it happening today, I usually see it a few times a session often it is very minor. Today I got a good screen of it where you can see the chat area is being covered up by other parts of the desktop. The actual edge of the chat is right next to the left edge of the map.

https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/Griogre/BugFGGraphicGlich.png

EugeneZ
January 11th, 2011, 00:31
This actually happens to me, too. I just always assumed it was a quirk with my graphics drivers or something.