PDA

View Full Version : NWoD: Update

drahkar
December 29th, 2010, 18:50
I am in the process of rebuilding the nWoD ruleset as of a fork of the CoreRPG Ruleset. We also have a new location for posting updates and downloads.

I will work on keeping this post updated as well.

Currently most graphics for the base Ruleset have been migrated. I am not gearing up to migrate over the Character Sheet structure. Once that is done, I can call the base ruleset complete so I can focus on the extensions for the other systems.

FGRepository Feed: https://fgrepository.com/category/rulesets/system/new-world-of-darkness/

drahkar
December 29th, 2010, 22:05
If you downloaded the 0.243 update when it was first posted, grab it again. I have just reuploaded it with a fix for a bug saithan found on the mage sheet. Due to a missing template, the familiar page was not loading correctly. This has now been fixed.

Flekna'ku
February 27th, 2012, 14:22
Hi :)

My friends and I finally got a more or less regular Word of Darkness game with FG going and are really enjoying your ruleset. Thanks for putting in the work and making it available to everyone!

I have three questions though:
1) Is there a way to make the text in the chat window bigger? It's really hard on the eyes on a large resolution screen.
2) Is there a way to whisper to the GM? I found the command "/w GM", but we get error messages, when we use this. We have the GM log into the game as player in a second window right now, so the players can send the GM secret messages.
3) Is there a tutorial on how the combat tracker works in this ruleset? I watched the tutorial video for the ruleset that comes with the software, but I had trouble conferring this to the nWOD ruleset. Also, when we tried using the combat tracker in our game, the software crashed. So we do all the fighting manually now.

Thanks again for providing us with this great ruleset! :)

Saith_mobile
February 27th, 2012, 15:32
I have not seen that error before, but will look when I get home.
There was a recent update so try redownloading.

Flekna'ku
February 27th, 2012, 21:56
Thanks for the tip. Hadn't seen the new update. I installed it and the GM whispering works fine now :)

unerwünscht
February 29th, 2012, 06:09
Found an interesting glitch tonight. If I share the combat tracker with the players, we all get flashing screen anomalies, and lag like you couldn't imagine. Have no idea what the anomalous entities on the screen are, whatever it is has squared corners, so I assume it is an image but it flashes so fast and all over the place that I can't make it out.

saithan
March 1st, 2012, 01:45
I can't seem to duplicate this error

Mirloc
April 19th, 2012, 00:20
Found an interesting glitch tonight. If I share the combat tracker with the players, we all get flashing screen anomalies, and lag like you couldn't imagine. Have no idea what the anomalous entities on the screen are, whatever it is has squared corners, so I assume it is an image but it flashes so fast and all over the place that I can't make it out.

I was getting this same error, but fixed it by removing the userBell entry from combattracker_entry.lua, and this error was eliminated.

If I kept the combat tracker screen up my laptop would eventually bluescreen.

mgholson
July 10th, 2012, 14:29
anybody using this ruleset?

whispering to the GM isn't working and I'm using the most recent release listed.

Saith_mobile
July 10th, 2012, 15:22
https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/World_of_Darkness
Get it from there, the /r for reply needs to be updated. But other than that you should be good.

You can also get it here
https://enhanced.vlexofree.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=53&id=28:nwodrulesetinstaller

mgholson
July 10th, 2012, 21:08
Hey installed from the second link there and whispering works as you say. Its a different file then the first link which is the one I was using.

Thanks for a great ruleset!

vayman
September 22nd, 2012, 21:27
The second linked worked for me also... but I don't seem to be able to create a Changeling character. Any advice?

saithan
September 23rd, 2012, 00:08
on the campaign select screen, make sure you have the Changeling ext set to load.

vayman
September 23rd, 2012, 06:22
on the campaign select screen, make sure you have the Changeling ext set to load.

Thanks for the reply. I did do that. I checked Vampire, Werewolf and Changeling extensions to load. But I only get Vampire, Werewolf and Mortal. (I guess Mortal is there by default). I also tried just Changeling, but to no avail. (Still just Mortal).

saithan
September 23rd, 2012, 08:27
I see, I notice now what you mean.
trying to work on it now.

vayman
September 23rd, 2012, 16:44
Thanks Saithan! I appreciate your looking into this. The entire system looks amazing and well done, btw. Cheers.

saithan
September 23rd, 2012, 17:12
Foen actually did most 99% of the work on that ruleset, I Just been adding features. so I really can't take a lot of credit. for nwod

saithan
September 29th, 2012, 06:44
quick patch.

fixed gameline selection (changeling now shows and is selectable).
mage sheet template error (fixed)

known bug error when selecting from other sheet to mortal then again to another sheet.
(simply close the character sheet and re-open)

get it here (https://enhanced.vlexofree.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=53&id=28:nwodrulesetinstaller)

vayman
September 30th, 2012, 07:01
Sweet! Thanks for the fast fix. It's late on the East Coast US, so I'll make a point to check this out tomorrow and give my feedback.

saithan
September 30th, 2012, 07:47
the website is currently having a drive replaced and synced so if it is not up by the time you check, feel free to come to the irc chat and I will try and hook you up.

I too am east coast.

vayman
October 1st, 2012, 23:14
Success! I've got a Changeling sheet working just fine. Thanks again for making the fix!

Isembard
November 27th, 2012, 16:11
A quick query. I'm trying to use the Library Mod-Maker to create library entries for the NWoD ruleset. The entries show up in my module window but not in my library window. Could anyone advise me why this is? Library entries show up fine when created for other rulesets. Any help appreciated as i'm desperate to use library mods in NWoD.
Thanks
Isembard

Moon Wizard
November 27th, 2012, 18:47
Some modules integrate directly with the Story, Items, and NPCs sections, instead of appearing in the Library. Try checking those campaign areas, and looking at the tabs on the bottom to see if there is one for the module.

Regards,
JPG

Isembard
November 27th, 2012, 19:22
No Joy. I use the story entries for adventure modules without any issues. I'm trying to create Library entries using Saithan's Library Module Maker. It seems to create working libary mods just fine with other rulesets I just can't get anywhere using it with NWoD.

saithan
November 27th, 2012, 22:49
look me up in the chat channel always hapy to help however I can .
https://fg2.rpg-vault.net/
Please note that I'm usually there between 5pm-5am fi-sat (-5gmt)

Isembard
November 28th, 2012, 06:55
I would appreciate the help. I'll look you up this weekend. Thanks

saithan
November 29th, 2012, 00:36
found some issues where the library lacks some code to make it compatible with 2.9.
I'll have an update by friday.

Isembard
November 29th, 2012, 09:45
Great news. Thanks for looking into this.

saithan
November 30th, 2012, 21:19
Update posted, get it here (https://enhanced.vlexofree.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=53&id=28:nwodrulesetinstaller)

Please Note that when using the library module maker the ruleset name is "World of Darkness".

Isembard
December 1st, 2012, 12:57
Saithan. Many Thanks for the update.

Nic_231
December 3rd, 2012, 11:07
Hi There

Completely new to this so I apologise if I am in the the wrong place or making a complete noob mistake.
I have installed the latest version and I can select the World of Darkness ruleset as well as toggle the various modules when I create a campaign or when I manage characters. Fantasy grounds loads with the WOD theme, however the library is empty and the only character sheet available appears to be mortal.
Am I doing something wrong?

Saith_mobile
December 3rd, 2012, 12:57
The library is empty unless you load library moduals into it.
The character sheets are extentions you need to load before strarting the session. You then call them by right clicking the icon on the sheet, you will get a radial menu allowing you to select the sheet you want.

Nic_231
December 3rd, 2012, 13:08
Thank you for the quick response.
Character sheets are working great, sorry for my ignorance.
I will need to get some modules going.
Thanks again!

Nic_231
December 3rd, 2012, 14:00
Sorry, another newbie question but should I be able to load modules into the library with a load button as I see on some other rulesets, or do I need to manually incorporate them into the ruleset files?

Once again, thank you for you help.

Kind Regards,

- Nic

Saith_mobile
December 3rd, 2012, 15:29
No, however there are no current available library moduals made.
Most users are creating their own for their games.

for making adventure mods please view the many video tutorials. Note that these are different than library mods, in that they load actual game content. While library modules simply add content to the library.

You do not need to edit anything in the ruleset to make either type, however to make libraries.you will need to know basics of xml.

You can find tutorials on making libraries by searching the forum.

Vemocleus
December 10th, 2012, 04:40
Nic's problem was the same one which I had. Existing character didn't have any other option than Mortal in the radial menu, but if I can just make a new character in a template and transfer the data, I guess all is well. Thanks for the help, Saithan!

Saith_mobile
December 10th, 2012, 15:24
You do not need to make a new character...once you have the template ext loaded into the extensions you CAN right click his portrait and his sheet will change on the fly.

Vemocleus
December 10th, 2012, 17:49
Well that's odd... When I make a test campaign with every extention loaded, the radial menu includes a multitude of choices, including Mage. However, when I load a test campaign with Mage being the ONLY extention, there are no choices at all. Just mortal. Something I'm doing?

Saith_mobile
December 10th, 2012, 18:19
No, you are good but that sounds like a bug. Tell me have you redownloaded and instaled again? That bug has been patched about 2 -3 weeks ago.
Download and reinstall the ruleset and try again, let me know if the problem persists.

Nazeriel
December 16th, 2012, 07:37
I could be simply missing something here, however i recently picked up the software and tried to load the WoD ruleset. when i try to create a new character it doesn't show any options on the radial menu for the different templates. Read thru the prior posts and i think i am doing this correctly. clicked on the extensions i needed beforehand , then when i open a new char i right click on the icon in the top right of the char sheet, and it doesn't give me anything but close and minimize.

saithan
December 16th, 2012, 10:43
double check that you loaded the extensions by having them checked. your issue means simply that the extensions are not loaded.

Nazeriel
December 16th, 2012, 19:18
i double checked as you mentioned, i also went ahead and reinstalled the program and ruleset after redownloading them. I went ahead and tried loading the extensions individually and all of them, still no success in seeing any of them either way. The current version of the ruleset is 2.4.3 correct?

saithan
December 16th, 2012, 23:43
get it from here (https://enhanced.vlexofree.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=53&id=28:nwodrulesetinstaller)

Hemophage
January 4th, 2013, 07:21
is there anyway to make the images/map screen bigger like for dnd? or are we stuck with the size the way it is now?

Trenloe
January 4th, 2013, 17:52
is there anyway to make the images/map screen bigger like for dnd? or are we stuck with the size the way it is now?
This is currently set to 700x700 in the adventure_images.xml file of this ruleset:

<windowclass name="imagewindow">
<frame>imagebox</frame>
<sharable />
<minimize>minimized_image</minimize>
<sizelimits>
<dynamic>
<hostcontrol />
</dynamic>
<maximum>
<width>700</width>
<height>700</height>
</maximum>
<minimum>
<width>200</width>
<height>200</height>
</minimum>
The 3.5E and 4E rulesets use 2048x2048.

If you want to change this yourself, you'll need to extract the "World of Darkness.pak" file from the Fantasy Grounds II installation directory - usually under C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II (C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds II for 64-bit windows). Change the .pak extension to .zip and extract to the <Fantasy Grounds App Data Directory>\rulesets (rename the directory to "World of Darkness mod" or something so you don't confuse any future upgrades) and then you'll be able to change the above file. When you create a new campaign, select the "World of Darkness mod" ruleset to use your changes.

DanielJohnson
January 29th, 2013, 11:05
I just got fantasy grounds with a group of friends a few moths ago and have been messing around with it. I want to get a WoD group going but I can not seem to find out how to get the library to load the books needed. I can get it to load character sheets so far.

The idea of having to add all the weapons manually or tell the members with out the books does not sound appealing, and hoping their is a way to use the library like the D&D 3.5 does.

also on the changeling sheets it has no spots I can see for contracts or oaths. can all ways use the notes section, just not sure if I downloaded an older version off the wiki, and the site Saithan has posted just above.

Mirloc
January 29th, 2013, 12:34
I'd like to say that there is a magic drag and drop solution, but sadly, there isn't.

I've had to create the books by hand and use them. I create a new campaign for each book using the WoD ruleset, then follow these directions:

1- Launch FG2 and create a new campaign called "Library Module Creation" (it's just a sample)

2- Click on the Story icon and create a few Story entries with stuff intended, for instance from copying and pasting from a PDF document. Format the text for arranging the lines correctly and specify which words are headers, bold or italic. Summarizing: just use the FG2 Story editing tools here.

3- Write /export and fill the following fields: Name, File Name, Author and Index Group -you'll add the thumbnail later.

4- Under "Exported Data" click on 'Story' and on the "I" option.

5- Right click and select "Export": it will say "Module exported successfully".

6- You can close or minimize FG2 for now; although it's not really needed.

7- Go to your FG2 AppData folder, open the Modules folder and look for the .mod file that you just created. Select it and open with WinRar.

8- Double click on the db.xml file for opening it in an XML editor -you can use even Notepad.

9- Find/Replace the following tags and words in all its instances:
<encounter> for <data>
</encounter> for </data>
encounter.id for data.id
encounterid for dataid

10- Save the modified XML file and confirm changes in the rar file.

11- Drag and drop into the Winrar window a suitable thumbnail file.

12- Reopen or return to FG2 and launch the same campaign, "Library Module Creation", click on the Story icon and delete/kill all the story entries.

13- Open the Module Activation Window and look for your just created library module: you are done, open it and check your Library! There are no duplication in the Story entries!

Please feel free to PM me, and I'll help out anyway I can. I know at this point it sounds daunting, but really it's not that bad. You only need the items not the full rules. I also do a little time finding good images and include them as well. This is the one price you have to pay as the game master.

I'm afraid sharing the modules is not allowed, which really is a shame. (PS You can find great thumbnail images of the WoD books online and make the books look darn near professional.)

I just got fantasy grounds with a group of friends a few moths ago and have been messing around with it. I want to get a WoD group going but I can not seem to find out how to get the library to load the books needed. I can get it to load character sheets so far.

The idea of having to add all the weapons manually or tell the members with out the books does not sound appealing, and hoping their is a way to use the library like the D&D 3.5 does.

DanielJohnson
January 29th, 2013, 13:31
thanks for the info on that I have to make the modules and how to make them. I will have to start on that.

Any one know on the changeling sheets if there is a version with contract and other special powers section? I saw mage and a few others had some. Or should I just have to have special abilities recorded under notes?

Mirloc
January 30th, 2013, 01:55
Not so much, but adding the info to the sheets isn't really that bad.

I did a homebrew Gamma World-esque game and used the NWoD ruleset then modified the hell out of the sheets to make the system I needed. I found it wasn't so bad once you dug in and got your hands dirty.

Any one know on the changeling sheets if there is a version with contract and other special powers section? I saw mage and a few others had some. Or should I just have to have special abilities recorded under notes?

DanielJohnson
February 23rd, 2013, 02:56
Been making my own modules and Library . The Library show up for me but i can not get them to show up for others. I try to drag the marks to make them viable in WoD and it will not let me. Modules I make in D&D will let me tho. Is there something special I have to do to make it so they can see them? I tested sending one of the modules I made to my friend to try and he can not load it as well.

I do not mind making the books we need and having the players add the gun or other ability manually to their character sheets by typing what they see in a library. They just have access to physical core rulebook and some random others but they all do not have all the books I have physically as the gm that I want to use like Armory or mirror, or at least the parts I am using from them.

saithan
February 23rd, 2013, 04:50
you need the version from https://enhanced.vlexofree.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=53&id=28:nwodrulesetinstaller

DanielJohnson
February 23rd, 2013, 08:38
I uninstalled FG, reinstalled it and then the WoD from the link and I still can not put the X check or lighting bolt on and modules I open up if I use WoD rules. The campaigns I had going stayed around tho, should I try deleting everything and trying again?

saithan
February 23rd, 2013, 09:21
no, hang tight and I will try and post a fix after some sleep

saithan
February 23rd, 2013, 09:46
go ahead and re-download from that link I quick patched it with a fix!

DanielJohnson
February 24th, 2013, 04:24
Thank you that fixed it.

TheFool
September 18th, 2013, 14:18
Thinking about purchasing FG2, but I run (n)WoD games almost exclusively.

Is this system still up to date and working? I couldn't access the download link above, for instance.

Mirloc
September 18th, 2013, 17:42
Thinking about purchasing FG2, but I run (n)WoD games almost exclusively.

Is this system still up to date and working? I couldn't access the download link above, for instance.

For the past 3 years I've run nothing BUT (n)WoD games, and for the past year my son has run his own. All of us use Fantasy Grounds and the nWoD ruleset exclusively, I can say without hesitation they work just fine. :)

If you still can't seem to access the files, send me a PM and I'll find the last download I have and send it to you.

saithan
September 19th, 2013, 03:46
the files are maintained on the fg wiki

TheFool
September 21st, 2013, 09:25
Thanks for the replies! A follow-up question if you don't mind: to what extent are WoD dice rolls supported? Does the ruleset count or mark successes in any way, or does it just allow you to roll xd10 and nothing else?

Also, there seem to be two versions of the nWoD ruleset? How do they differ?

saithan
September 21st, 2013, 11:34
drop by the chat https://fg2.rpg-vault.net/
and possibly we can run a demo or tour of the ruleset. I'd be happy to if I am there at the time.

Huhn
September 24th, 2013, 13:51
If this question does not belong here, please feel free to move it to the right section :)

I just downloaded the WoD ruleset (I found it here: https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/World_of_Darkness, because the download in the library on this page wouldn't work properly for me for some reason). And I saved the extension files in the extension folder, just as the manual said.

Now I can choose the WoD ruleset and the extensions when I want to create a campaign or build a character. But the different extensions do not seem to make any difference. Neither do I get another layout or something, nor does the character sheet change into the right template. Clicking right on the character sheet (or the skull on that sheet) also has no effect.

A friend of mine, who downloaded the ruleset at the library here, also has this problem, so I suppose I did nothing wrong during the download.

What are we doing wrong?

(If you have an idea how to solve the problem, maybe it's possible to show the solution with the help of some screenshots - my computerskills are not very high and I'm also new to FG, so maybe I just missed something obvious...)

Huhn
September 24th, 2013, 14:40
If this question does not belong here, please feel free to move it to the right section :)

I just downloaded the WoD ruleset (I found it here: https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/World_of_Darkness, because the download in the library on this page wouldn't work properly for me for some reason). And I saved the extension files in the extension folder, just as the manual said.

Now I can choose the WoD ruleset and the extensions when I want to create a campaign or build a character. But the different extensions do not seem to make any difference. Neither do I get another layout or something, nor does the character sheet change into the right template. Clicking right on the character sheet (or the skull on that sheet) also has no effect.

A friend of mine, who downloaded the ruleset at the library here, also has this problem, so I suppose I did nothing wrong during the download.

What are we doing wrong?

(If you have an idea how to solve the problem, maybe it's possible to show the solution with the help of some screenshots - my computerskills are not very high and I'm also new to FG, so maybe I just missed something obvious...)

LadiSilverfox
November 25th, 2013, 22:12
All the links in this thread for getting the updated versions of the NWoD Extensions seem to be 404. I've attempted to PM the two people listed on the first post without success.
Does anyone know where I can obtain a more advanced version? The version I downloaded from the main site seems to be nothing more than a placeholder in the directory. I am specifically interested in Changeling: The Lost and Hunter: The Vigil.

Thank you in advance.

Trenloe
November 25th, 2013, 23:10
Try the Fantasy Grounds library: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/library/

LadiSilverfox
December 5th, 2013, 01:13
Thanks Trenloe. That is where I found the placeholding type ext. files. However they don't seem to have any actual content to them, I came here next and saw some people talking about a updater via a link that is now 404. Of course I might just be hoping there is more to this somewhere and what is in the Library is just what there is right now.

The FGWiki is back up but didn't have anymore information on where to get the updates for the exts.

Trenloe
December 5th, 2013, 03:09
Thanks Trenloe. That is where I found the placeholding type ext. files. However they don't seem to have any actual content to them.
The extensions are theme based, so they give you the character sheet specific to the relevant chronicle you are playing. Load up the extension/s you are interested in then create a new character. Right-click on the image in the top right of the main tab and select the type you are interested in. Occasionally you may see an error when you switch types, just close the character sheet and open it again and you should see the sheet OK.

For example, here is the standard "mortal" WoD charsheet:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/WoD%20Charsheet.jpg

And here is the charsheet after right-clicking and switching to Changeling:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/WoD%20-%20Changeling%20Charsheet.jpg

LadiSilverfox
December 5th, 2013, 04:39
So part of my problem is I hadn't bought a licensed copy yet, I was still testing to make sure I could do what I wanted before dropping $40 dollars on a GM version. After seeing your images I purchased it, however I am unable to switch off a Mortal character sheet. Just to be sure I went and deleted all my WoD ext and redownloaded them from the Library (which it says are Version 1.0). I dropped all the new ext into the ext folder and ran the updater just to be 100%. Still can't see anything but the mortal character sheet, and I did make sure to turn on the ext. I have tried all of them, one at a time and all at once, but still nothing but a Mortal sheet. Advice?

Trenloe
December 5th, 2013, 06:30
Glad you've taken the plunge! :)

To switch character sheets - make a new character and then right-click on the skull image in the top right. A number of radial menu options should appear (one for mortal and one for each extension you have enabled). Select the one you want to use. As mentioned before, you may get an error here when you select the type and the character sheet might blank out - just close the sheet and re-open it and you should see the new type.

Trenloe
December 5th, 2013, 06:42
Here's a screenshot showing the 3 options when I right-click on the "skull" graphic in the top right of the character sheet - I have the Changeling and Hunter extensions loaded so I have those 2 options to select, plus the base mortal option.

Right-click is where a lot of menus occur in Fantasy Grounds - it can take a little bit of getting used to...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/WoD%20Type%20Selection.jpg

LadiSilverfox
December 5th, 2013, 06:43
Yes, I did that but the radial menu was empty besides the options to close it or minimize it. And as I said I made sure to select the ext before starting so it should have been available.

viresanimi
December 5th, 2013, 06:44
I think you need to right click on the skull that is on the charactersheets. The option to choose other supernatural beings should then pop up, if memory serves me.

Vires Animi

LadiSilverfox
December 5th, 2013, 07:31
Just so people are clear on what I have/haven't done:

I loaded up my screen to make a character -
(As you can see I have Changeling selected, hovering my mouse over it you can see it says it is version 1.0)

I then made a character sheet and right-clicked the skull -
(As you can see it doesn't list any other options)

So I tried shutting the program down and reopening that character sheet
Starting a new character sheet
Deleting the Ext files and re-downloading them from the library
Running the FG Updater
Restarting my laptop

My best guess is that the library doesn't have the most updated version. Trenloe when you mouse over your ext what version does it tell you that you have?

Trenloe
December 5th, 2013, 07:40
Ah... OK - I see the issue. Don't use Manage Characters - it looks like the extensions aren't made to work with manage characters.

Assuming you now have a full license, create a new campaign with the extensions enabled and you will be able to switch types in characters within the campaign.

LadiSilverfox
December 5th, 2013, 07:50
I assume once in a campaign I would then click on the "characters" button on the top right corner to open the character window that should have an option to make a new character or select a character you made on the management section? Or am I completely off base?

And thank you for all your help Trenloe.

Nevermind, got it. Right-click on the character window to create a new item. ;)

Trenloe
June 13th, 2014, 20:00
FG 3.0.4 introduces an issue where only the X is displayed when opening a character sheet. See this thread for info and a hotfix to the ruleset: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21304-New-World-of-Darkness-Issues

leetsepeak
June 14th, 2014, 07:47
Does anyone know if it's possible to implement the ability to export character sheets?

Moon Wizard
June 14th, 2014, 08:28
Updated ruleset on wiki/library with Trenloe's patch:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Ruleset:_World_of_Darkness

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 14th, 2014, 08:44
Created extension to add /importchar and /exportchar commands to any ruleset.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Extensions#Community_Rulesets

Cheers,
JPG

malkore
July 9th, 2014, 05:12
So it seems like you cannot set character portraits?
Also, the Familiar tab is empty?

I'm pretty new to FG and bought it specifically to run WoD. Still learning, ironing out kinks, etc.

Griogre
July 9th, 2014, 06:27
Players set the character's portraits on older rulesets (and the images come from their computer). If the GM wants to set portraits on these rulesets (ie for pregens) he can start a second instance of FG, join as a player and set the portrait(s).

Welcome to the boards by the way.

malkore
July 9th, 2014, 13:20
Thanks. I haven't started an official campaign so I've not had a player claim and activate a character yet. I guess the mods are very different from each other (my friend also just got FG, and bough Savage Worlds mod as well). He can pick portraits while he sets up characters. He can also drag/drop abilities to the hotbar, which I'm not sure WoD lets me do either, and the combat tracker has me baffled at the moment.

damned
July 9th, 2014, 13:24
welcome malkore
different rulesets can differ a lot. savage worlds is quite different to others.
have a look at these short videos - they are not NWoD but they are quite generic and i think you will find some of them quite useful.
they vary in length from 2 to 7 mins.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsgd1zJLdiKUrEd85Dqr6UcaaLvD7YlJd

malkore
July 9th, 2014, 14:03
Yeah I've been watching some of the videos already, and getting assistance from my friend who has had FG a full week longer than me. And I know SW is an official/purchased ruleset while WoD is a community effort that still has areas to polish.
It may do me good to find a WoD game I can sit in on for a session too.

malkore
July 10th, 2014, 13:39
Those videos are handy, better than the ones I was watching before. I made it through video 6 and am getting the hang of things. One thing I have yet to figure out is making skills (attack rolls) work from the character sheet/combat tracker/or be draggable to the hotbar. Anyone know specifically if that's supported in the ruleset found on the FG\Library free download page?

damned
July 10th, 2014, 13:53
i dont play WoD sorry. I just fired up the ruleset and it doesnt look like it is a CoreRPG (FG3) based ruleset which means that it could vary quite a lot...
prior to v3 and CoreRPG each ruleset was completely independent of others.
usually a dev would take an existing ruleset and fork it, making whatever changes they needed to support that ruleset.
with version 3 you are able to build a new ruleset that inherits another base ruleset. so most new rulesets will be based on CoreRPG or even based on CoreRPG and 3.5E.
this means that whenever SmiteWorks release new functionality to CoreRPG it flows thru to your ruleset...
big benefit, although sometimes new features in Core break something but that is more easily fixed than each dev trying to add these new features in separately to different rulesets...
anyways... you will need someone who uses WoD to help you with specific questions...

Trenloe
July 10th, 2014, 17:00
One thing I have yet to figure out is making skills (attack rolls) work from the character sheet/combat tracker/or be draggable to the hotbar. Anyone know specifically if that's supported in the ruleset found on the FG\Library free download page?
There are no skill rolls from the combat tracker and you can't drag skills/abilities to the hotbar, you have to do everything from the character sheet.

Note: In my testing I had to triple-click the ability/skill name to add it to the modifier box! I'm pretty sure I used double-click before.

The way the ruleset works is that you need to double-click (triple-click?) the ability/skill name (strength, dexterity, etc.) that you want to be in your dice pool roll - you should see the number of dice appear in the modifier box below the chat window and a little gold button appear along the bottom of the modifier window. If you hover the mouse over one of these gold buttons you will see the ability/skill that has been added to the modifier box and you can left-click on this button to remove it from the modifier box.

Think of the modifier box as your dice pool you are putting together.

Each time you double-click (triple-click?) on an ability/skill a new gold button will appear on the modifier box and the number of dice in the dice pool will be shown as the modifier number.

When you are ready to roll your dice pool either drag the modifier number (number of dice) to the top half of the chat window or right-click on the modifier box and select "Throw Dice" from the radial menu.

Note: if you roll any 10's in your roll these will be automatically added back in the modifier box ready for you to do a "roll-again" if required.

If you need to clear the modifier box left-click on each of the little gold buttons at the bottom of the box to remove each entry in the dice pool.

This was a community produced ruleset produced before CoreRPG layering was introduced, so it does not have all of the bells and whistles as damned mentions above. It's a really good base for you to run nWoD games and do ability/skill tracking and dice pool rolling. There isn't much automation beyond that - but the character sheets are really well done and that allows you to track the PC info for your gaming.

malkore
July 10th, 2014, 20:29
Trenloe,
thank you for that detailed information. Explains why I can't drag dice pools to the hotbar and why the combat tracker only tracks and cannot perform any rolls (like I see in the 3.5E D&D video tutorials).
If I knew how to code, I would help out on the community project...sadly my skillset is more QA testing and technical troubleshooting.
*edit*
Looks like I can't add dice to the pool from Antagonists (monsters), just actual character sheets. Maybe still in development...

Trenloe
July 10th, 2014, 21:05
Looks like I can't add dice to the pool from Antagonists (monsters), just actual character sheets. Maybe still in development...
In campaign options, enable "Double click dots" and then you need to double-click on the dots. Be careful that this doesn't add extra dots!

Unfortunately, it looks like changes to the base FG client in FG 3.0 (not ruleset dependent - the base client executable) has made this ruleset a bit picky in how the abilities/skills are added to the dice pool.

Oh, and I've just found that if you double-click the dice pool box it will roll the dice - no need to use the right-click menu.

malkore
July 11th, 2014, 01:10
That helps. Seems like there isn't a way to lock NPC/Monster's character sheets/stats in WoD like in the coresets.
Still, this has gotten me a lot further than I was, and players will have less grief than I will as the GM.
Edit: ran a test from a player PC and their experience is much better. still no way to program the hotbar with dicepools, but at least they only have to click the stat/skill names, not the dots. So they won't be accidentally changing their stats.
I may end up rolling physical dice for my side to speed things up.

edited again:
Eureka! This may only work for combat, but I can 'cheat' and put the entire dice pool in for the weapon's damage (npc's and players), and can indeed drag that pool to a hotbar to make the roll faster. It might be a hack, but it seems like you can make hotbar slots by adding more 'weapons' to the character with the total dice pool as the damage.

malkore
July 20th, 2014, 18:55
Is there any sort of help file/user guide for nWoD ruleset? I'm running into things like Effects not working (it shows as Items and I have no toggle to enable for a character), which may be because the combat tracker can't be used for dice rolls.
Do those of you playing/running this just create Weapons for your skills to be able to drag to hotbars? Or did you just setup the hotbar 1d10 through 12d10 and use the modifier before throwing the dice?

I'm not liking the 'click twice' option since it leads to altering character stats by mistake, and trying to take advantage of as much FG interface as I can and to help out players with their rolls.

thanks!

Unahim
August 16th, 2014, 14:46
The Changeling extension has no tab for Wyrd, Contracts, etc...

saithan
August 16th, 2014, 15:31
I did some improvements like fixing dragging and dropping attributes and skills to the pool. also added drag and drop attribes etc to the pool from nps sheets. as well made fixes to hunter sheet and changeling. made these a while back but just got time to post them.
get it here https://enhanced.vlexofree.com/

viresanimi
August 16th, 2014, 16:02
Nice to see this ruleset get a little love.

I still hate the NPC sheets though. Is it possible to do what the Masquerade ruleset does and have an npc sheet that is essentially similar to the player charactersheet. Would that be hard to do?

Vires Animi

Unahim
August 16th, 2014, 16:02
I just spent like 2 and a half hours figuring out how these .ext files worked and then editing the changeling extension to try and add a special tabs myself. When that didn't work, I finally settled on copying the vampire extension and only editing the button icon and sheet background + the text on the sheet, but not the code itself. Proud as a pea**** over my frankenstein monster edit I come back to post a download link to it as a temporary measure for others waiting for a real professional to take a look at it... only to find one already has! Oh well, I guess I did learn a lot today! :p It worked, too! Unless you wanted to activate the vampire extension too, then... not so much.

Thanks for the update, saithan.

saithan
August 16th, 2014, 19:25
I am working on improving the npc sheets

viresanimi
August 16th, 2014, 20:04
I am working on improving the npc sheets

You sir, are my hero! *smiles*

Vires Animi

Blackfoot
August 16th, 2014, 23:05
I have a bunch of these extensions from way back.. I assume most of them aren't going to work anymore? Also there 'seem' to be 2 versions.. the ones with the WoD- prefix and he ones without. There was not much reference along with them as to which is which... anyone know what the story is here? The extensions I'm talking about look like they were mostly created in 2010 or earlier.

Btw.. that skin is REALLY cool. One of the best I've seen for any ruleset.

saithan
August 16th, 2014, 23:27
I know way back there were two different wod rulesets. I do not know the differences I dived in to the one started by Stewert.

LadiSilverfox
August 28th, 2014, 05:44
Finally getting around to posting the update so everyone can use it now Saithan? ;)

Once again, I can't tell you how happy you made me working on the Changeling stuff. I have been playing around with it and I really like what you have so far! So thank you, thank you, thank you!

HolyHadouken
November 29th, 2014, 23:25
So, I know this thread was last visited a few months ago, but I figured I'd try asking for help anyway. For some reason, when I try to create a character it will not let me change its template. It will remain a mortal no matter what. I'm not sure if this will cause the issue, but I've been doing this in the Manage Characters section.

saithan
November 30th, 2014, 07:31
make sure you load the ext for the templates you want, then right click the template icon in the sheet to change it.

HolyHadouken
November 30th, 2014, 18:09
make sure you load the ext for the templates you want, then right click the template icon in the sheet to change it.

I have tried both only loading one extension and loading multiple extensions. I assume by template icon you mean the skull for mortal, and I have been right-clicking that. When I do, it just gives me the options to either minimize or close the character sheet.

saithan
November 30th, 2014, 22:04
only the GM can change the sheet (in campaign (not manage character)). make sure you have the latest version. https://enhanced.vlexofree.com/
also make sure the previous versions is not in the /program files/fantasygrounds folder

malkore
December 1st, 2014, 13:50
So you do have the other extensions (Vampire, Werewolf, etc.) enabled in your campaign?
And right clicking on the character portrait as the GM doesn't pull up a radial menu with the different non-mortal character sheets?

I guess I haven't updated/looked for an update to this ruleset in many months.8188

saithan
December 2nd, 2014, 01:41
many of the EXT's posted in the wiki are still good.

addax
March 6th, 2015, 03:59
I've been noticing that this ruleset seems to slow to a crawl after it's been running for awhile. Anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

drahkar
February 25th, 2016, 12:47
I've updated the Original Post regarding the most recent news regarding the Ruleset Result.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?13897-NWoD-Update&p=101865&viewfull=1#post101865

viresanimi
February 25th, 2016, 14:29
Maybe rename the ruleset / process to Chronicles of Darkness, since that is now the official name for it?

Vires Animi

drahkar
February 25th, 2016, 16:29
Makes sense. I hadn't seen that announcement. I'll have to do some work for that, but I agree that would be a good idea.

drahkar
February 29th, 2016, 13:31
I will be posting updates and comments for this rebuild primary on the FGRepository site, but I will also be posting periodic updates to the CoD status update thread on the forums.

FGRepository Feed: https://fgrepository.com/category/rulesets/system/chronicles-of-darkness/
CoD Status Thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28597-Chronicles-of-Darkness-Status-Update-(Originally-nWoD)

Lensman
January 8th, 2019, 06:55
Hi.

I am new here, but like many others, came specifically for the CoD setting. I've begun creating a chronicle, but had some questions for you guys.

1) is there any way to change the background? When I load all the modules, I'm wondering if there is a desktop for say Requiem, and a different one for Forsaken that can be changed.

2) is there any way to add more buttons to the sidebar? As i'm new, I would much rather have the ability to use buttons such as: NPC's, Parcels, Organizations, Locations, etc. Is there a way to add in the buttons I want?

3) is there any way to use a different Library window? I've seen the wood theme, and their library allows for setup of different views, and exporting. There are features that I would love to be able to use, as starting out, i would love the flexibility of customizing the available information.

4) when creating a new antagonist, it seems as though Humans are the only option. Would it be possible to incorporate the template selection, as you can when creating a character? (In other words, can we have the ability to create/select say a mage, werewolf, geist, etc from the antagonist window?

5) As i'm new, I haven't really tried this, but wanted to ask: one of the features i'd like would be the ability to "store" commonly-used abilities, skills, disciplines, etc. I'm mainly thinking of information that would be found on the DM screen, and/or commonly-used thinkgs such as Initiative, Enhanced sight (Auspex), and others. can anyone offer a few suggestions on how they overcame this, or is there something i'm missing in the extension?

Any and all help is appreciated!!

UltimateGM
February 5th, 2019, 14:55
Is it worth checking out the new Vampire the Masquerade v5 on roll20? I know they have some functionality and didnt want to dive into roll20 if v5 was being worked on for Fantasy Grounds. We are almost done with our D&D 5e game and Vampire the Masquerade is our next game.

Trenloe
February 5th, 2019, 15:55
I know they have some functionality and didnt want to dive into roll20 if v5 was being worked on for Fantasy Grounds.
It's in the works: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46274-Vampire-The-Masquerade-5th-edition&p=411676&viewfull=1#post411676

Mirloc
February 5th, 2019, 16:20
Hi.

I am new here, but like many others, came specifically for the CoD setting. I've begun creating a chronicle, but had some questions for you guys.

1) is there any way to change the background? When I load all the modules, I'm wondering if there is a desktop for say Requiem, and a different one for Forsaken that can be changed.

2) is there any way to add more buttons to the sidebar? As i'm new, I would much rather have the ability to use buttons such as: NPC's, Parcels, Organizations, Locations, etc. Is there a way to add in the buttons I want?

3) is there any way to use a different Library window? I've seen the wood theme, and their library allows for setup of different views, and exporting. There are features that I would love to be able to use, as starting out, i would love the flexibility of customizing the available information.

4) when creating a new antagonist, it seems as though Humans are the only option. Would it be possible to incorporate the template selection, as you can when creating a character? (In other words, can we have the ability to create/select say a mage, werewolf, geist, etc from the antagonist window?

5) As i'm new, I haven't really tried this, but wanted to ask: one of the features i'd like would be the ability to "store" commonly-used abilities, skills, disciplines, etc. I'm mainly thinking of information that would be found on the DM screen, and/or commonly-used thinkgs such as Initiative, Enhanced sight (Auspex), and others. can anyone offer a few suggestions on how they overcame this, or is there something i'm missing in the extension?

Any and all help is appreciated!!

Sorry for the late reply, but I can give you the answers.

1. Changing the background is not the most complex thing, nor is it the easiest. With that said there's quite a bit of flexibility if you are willing to put in a fairly minor amount of work. The *EASIEST* way to modify the background would be to open the Extensions folder and look at one of the extensions that SmiteWorks provides and modify the files inside the directory to match what you want. A great thread I've found a ton of good information on is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45610-Theme-Extension-question&highlight=create+a+theme which is about someone modifying the Curse of Strahd theme and the DOE extension all at the same time. A little time messing around can give you amazing insight into LUA and how to make things happen.

2. The buttons are a function of the ruleset as it's written (and any ruleset modifying extension). This is actually kind of part of Answer 1 as well. In order for there to be functions like you are asking for, you'd need to add functionality to the system. The WoD rules are not written from the Core codebase, and as such the DOE extension won't load (which would give you nearly all of the functionality you are asking for). Parcels unfortunately are part of the Core rules, and if the WoD rules were re-written to sync up with Core... I think you see where this is heading.

3. This is going to sound somewhat repetitive, but here goes. the library functions in the WoD rules are (you guessed it) written into the WoD rules, and (once again) not based on the Core rules. If it was you'd have the functionality of the Core rules in WoD.

4. Huh... Imagine that. I never noticed that in the rules. You are 100% correct. I've always made primary antagonists as PCs and I never even noticed the lack of functionality... That is a bit of oddness there isn't it? So that being said... Punt? I'd just load the supernatural modifiers you are using in our game (for example werewolf) and that way you'd get the werewolf and mortal sheets for the PCs and use those.

5. Since the ruleset isn't an 'official' one, the actual game system rules aren't written into the ruleset/extensions. You'd have to provide the information yourself, which is a butt-load of typing, but until White Wolf actually says "Yes, let's do a Fantasy Grounds official ruleset." you'll never see all of the information from the books without a significant amount of work on your end. Since I actually do run WoD games I have recreated the important info from many of the books, exported them and turned them into modules which I load as needed during game play.

I've been toying with a dangerous idea lately to use the Opening the Dark rules to create a baseline ruleset built on Core for WoD/CoD games, but to be totally honest I don't need another hobby, my wife thinks I have more than enough as is. :D

For the short term, to gain the functionality you want you could just run the game using the Core rules I've seen a tutorial around somewhere that goes into 'how to modify the character sheet' for the Core rules and while you do lose the nifty check boxes, the gains are pretty darned substantial.

UltimateGM
February 6th, 2019, 22:36
It's in the works: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46274-Vampire-The-Masquerade-5th-edition&p=411676&viewfull=1#post411676

Do you know if its an official ruleset from Whitewolf?

Trenloe
February 6th, 2019, 23:58
Do you know if its an official ruleset from Whitewolf?
I don't know. I'd recommend asking the poster in that thread.

UltimateGM
February 7th, 2019, 19:13
ok thanks Trenloe!