PDA

View Full Version : Problem loading ruleset root file base.xml

GuyPRunkle
December 19th, 2010, 04:56
Hi House of Healing,

Tonight one of my players was consistently unable to log in to my game. Every time she would try she would get an error message:

Error loading data
X Could not load ruleset root file base.xml
Do you want to try reloading the data?

If she hit yes, she would get the same error box, no would exit the program.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program. I tried purchasing a lite license (I have an ultimate license so she was running an unlicensed version).

Could you please help? This player just happens to be my wife and she is very irritated . . . .:eek:

Guy

Fenloh
December 19th, 2010, 06:27
Hi,

try deleting the specific Campaign in the Campaignfolder of the client (not yours ;)) and make your players download the Ruleset again.

This happend to a player of mine too after an Update.

If you uninstall FG only the program gets uninstalled, not your personal application Data Folder. If you reinstall FG, then all old camaign and capaign registry informatione are still there and may cause a wee bit of trouble.

If it is not enough to delete the Campaign in the campaignfolder, uninstall, delete the complete FG application data Folder and reinstall, then it will work for sure.

Fenloh

phantomwhale
December 19th, 2010, 10:21
Deleting the cache folder for the campaign has been sufficient for me too, sometimes.

Equally, ensure the user has full admin rights on the machine - my friend had this error repeatedly when logged in as his "user" account, but as administrator it fixed the issue.