PDA

View Full Version : Hide Character Sheets?

duncanrager
December 17th, 2010, 20:22
Hi all,

Is there any way to hide each player's character sheet from all other players?

The reason I ask: One of my player's wishes to play a changeling, but doesn't want the other players to know just yet.

Of course, we could just nominally type in "Elf" or "Human" or whatever and keep it between myself and the player, but even still... it would also be RP worthy not to allow players to know other players' statistics.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

DR

VenomousFiligree
December 17th, 2010, 21:07
Hmm, I didn't think Players could look at other Player's Character Sheets?

phantomwhale
December 17th, 2010, 23:32
Hmm, I didn't think Players could like at other Player's Character Sheets?

I hope not ! One of my players has some dodgy inventory items the others would NOT be pleased with...

Moon Wizard
December 18th, 2010, 01:21
Players cannot look at data that is not shared with them or owned by them. In every ruleset I've seen, only the character they own and the data the GM has shared is visible to the players.

Cheers,
JPG

drahkar
December 18th, 2010, 01:56
You can confirm this by logging into your own game locally and having said player log in. Then trying to open it. But I'm fairly certain that's a consistent setting for pretty much all the Rulesets out there.

tdewitt274
December 18th, 2010, 19:05
Technically speaking, couldn't a person log in as that character and then release it? Not to try and put anything in the minds of players, but from what I understand there is no way to limit who uses the character.

Moon Wizard
December 18th, 2010, 19:10
Yes, but only one player can own a character at a time, and there is no option to "share" character data in the published rulesets (though it theoretically could be added to a ruleset).

In other words, once a player owns a character, they are the only one who can see it. The GM can view the owner, and clear the owner , at any time in the character selection screen.

Cheers,
JPG

duncanrager
December 19th, 2010, 15:59
Great, thanks for the help.

So I must be getting misinformed by my player... he was probably drunk.

DR