PDA

View Full Version : CnC Ruleset update v2.04

Sorcerer
December 12th, 2010, 15:30
please find attached the latest update to the C&C ruleset.

This is a cumulative update and so includes everything found in patch extensions v2.01 to v2.03

This version does add any new bug fixes, rather it is a response to the request/suggestion made by dr_venture
about token visibility.

Tokens are now linked to the combat tracker visibility button. They are now invisible on the player map until the check appropriate checkbox is selected. They should become visible at the same time the entries in the client tracker become visible.

Invisible tokens on the GM map appear semi-translucent.

as always if you have any problems with it let me know.

Happy Gaming!

EDIT: ATTACHMENT Removed - Patch Superseded by v2.05, see separate thread.

dr_venture
January 9th, 2011, 00:14
Doh - I didn't notice this update until now (didn't do much playing around the holidays). Sorcerer, you're my freakin' hero! Though it's kind of you to say it was a "request/suggestion" by me... more like an "insightful misunderstanding".

dr_venture
January 9th, 2011, 19:24
Oh - quick question: I see that there is a 4th edition version of the C&C ruleset in the store... how does that relate to this patch/your work? I bought my C&C ruleset about 4 or 5 months ago, so I have not idea which version of the C&C rules I'm using. Does your work include whatever rules are in the 4th ed?

The bottom line for me: unless the 4th ed. ruleset comes with actual physical gold pieces, there's no way I'm giving up the upgrades you've added to the C&C ruleset functionality!

Sorcerer
January 9th, 2011, 19:36
from my point of view "4th edition" is a bit of a misunderstanding/misprint on the part of smiteworks. there is only one edition of C&C.

the 4th part relates to the printing number of the players handbook.
the 4th printing included some errata corrections and some reworking of the barbarian class and some extra illusionist spells (probably some other minor stuff as well).

when I updated the ruleset to version 2.0 i did a minor update to the players handbook module to reflect these changes - and smiteworks latched onto this name when they published it.

so in short at the moment the you have the most up-to-date version (version 2.0). this patch will take it to v2.04.

the 2.04 version should actually hit the store this week - because of another poster who rightly queried the lack of tokens in this edition - we forgot to put them in the package.

we are therefore taking the opportunity to push version 2.04 to live...

Aergraith
February 9th, 2011, 21:03
Confused reading this thread, it sounds like this is supposed to address the missing monsters, but certainly not in a 57k patch?

I re-downloaded the CNC-Setup-Fantasy-Grounds-II.msi and re-ran it, put the 2.4 patch in my application dir/extensions, and made a new campaign and selected it, and then opened all of my books in the new campaign, but the M&T tokens still don't appear.

Sorcerer
February 9th, 2011, 21:17
No this patch is not linked to the missing tokens issue,
it is a cumulative patch covering bugs, issues and other minor alterations

I actually thought Doug had repackaged the ruleset already to include these missing tokens, but having just downloaded and reinstalled it myself I can confirm that the tokens are still MIA.

Possibly you should contact the support line: [email protected]
to give them a reminder.

Aergraith
February 9th, 2011, 21:30
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I'll contact them directly.