PDA

View Full Version : Opening mod's

Doc_Waldo
December 10th, 2010, 03:58
I have a token mod I created. It only has tokens and therefore doesn't have an db.xml file. My question is trying to open it from a player standpoint.

For example, I take the mod on my "hosting" open FG II, place the check mark so others can be able to access it, then I go over to my other running copy of FG II on the same machine, which is acting like a player, and I can now see the mod, but when I go to open it, the book, won't open. Any ideas of why?

Griogre
December 10th, 2010, 05:48
I'm pretty sure I read that tokens in modules are treated like host folder tokens. So players wouldn't be able to see them.

Doc_Waldo
December 10th, 2010, 05:53
OK, I wondering if there is a way to make them client. I ask because if they are parts of mods, I can add tokens in real time by opening the zip files. Hmmm.

Griogre
December 10th, 2010, 06:03
Sounds risky to me to be modifying a file in use. That seems to be asking for file corruption. Why don't you just keep an assortment of generic tokens?

Doc_Waldo
December 10th, 2010, 07:41
That would be to easy. I do close the mod's first :) Yes, actually that is what I am having to do know because I did something in my second session I hosted and really screwed things up, everyone was getting errors that they couldn't find tokens.

I just hate not having the options of quickly adding a token if I forget or a player comes and wants me to add one. Being on a mac and popping back and forth to reload the tokens just isn't fast like a PC. It would be great to have a command prompt to reload the tokens, like "/refresh tokens" or something.