PDA

View Full Version : dice roll "drop lowest"

Vudo
December 9th, 2010, 05:39
Hey forum,

any chance somebody can create an extension that lets one roll 3 dice and drop the lowest one? That would be excellent :)

--
cheers,

pansophy

KenoattX
December 6th, 2018, 07:56
MoreCore can do this.
https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html#dicestrings

dulux-oz
December 6th, 2018, 08:25
So can the DORCore.

Zacchaeus
December 6th, 2018, 10:48
And so can this extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22637-DMFirmy-s-Drop-Lowest-Extension)

Trenloe
December 6th, 2018, 12:28
Holy thread necromancy Batman!

Zacchaeus
December 6th, 2018, 12:39
Holy thread necromancy Batman!

Good grief, never noticed.

dulux-oz
December 6th, 2018, 12:45
Gawd, neither did I. <shame>

There's been a few necro-threads lately - I wonder why?

damned
December 6th, 2018, 13:10
with over 40,000 threads the number of necro posts is statistically pretty insignificant...

dulux-oz
December 6th, 2018, 13:51
with over 40,000 threads the number of necro posts is statistically pretty insignificant...

True - but just lately (last 10 days or so) I've noticed a few more than "normal". Is this just the fact that I've been more observant, is it a statistical blip, or is it a trend or something else (perhaps even part of some nefarious plan - BWHAHAHAHAHAHA)/

Its an interesting question (to me, anyway). :)

Valarian
December 6th, 2018, 15:13
Just to note, the Yggdrasill ruleset also does this for its skill rolls. Rolling several d10 dice, then discarding all but the two highest. Oh, and 10's explode.

dulux-oz
December 6th, 2018, 15:39
I'll just take this moment to bring to everyone's attention / remind everyone (and do just a small tad of bragging) that the Die Engine inside the DORCore can roll *any* (I believe) RPG-dice-mechanic: Exploding, Keep Highest, Keep Lowest, Pool Dice, Sum, Multiply, Subtract, Divide, Number Of Successes/Failures, Degree Of Success/Failure, "Raises/Lowers", and/or any combination of the above - on the full range of dice including d66 (non-standard die (ie d7, d9, etc) coming soon) via Die Roll, Tower Roll, /die or /tower command - ready to go, out of the box, no XML or LUA coding required (coding still required to attach rolls to Character Sheet Objects - but no more difficult than coding to attach "standard" CoreRPG Rolls to Character Sheet Objects).

Just saying...