PDA

View Full Version : Not getting DM dice to show in player window

PhilFischer
December 7th, 2010, 08:42
I'm testing with a local host but I want the DM's dice to show all rolls, and then use the dice tower for other rolls to hide the result from players.

When I set the flags in options: Table: dice tower (on), that seems to work. But no matter what I set the DM dice never ever seem to show no matter what I set in options: Chat: Show DM Rolls (on).

:confused:

Valarian
December 7th, 2010, 10:12
Type "/die reveal" for the GM dice to show up in the chat. That's the usual command and I presume it'll work in 4e (not a ruleset I use myself).

The reverse is "/die hide", IIRC

Moon Wizard
December 7th, 2010, 19:50
If the Show GM Rolls option is On and the Dice Tower option is On, then the dice tower will appear in the lower right section of both the host and the client desktops for hidden rolls.

If the Show GM Rolls option is Off and the Dice Tower option is On, then the dice tower will appear in the lower right section of only the client desktops, since all GM rolls are hidden anyways.

Cheers,
JPG

PhilFischer
December 8th, 2010, 06:56
Thanks, unfortunately it still doesn't work. The localhost I connect to my game gets hidden roles with /die hide and with /die reveal, although /die reveal will show the result of the DM's roll in the client.

Griogre
December 9th, 2010, 04:04
I just tried it and it worked for me. There might be some confusion here. In the 4E ruleset I'd suggest you use click the option button and click reveal GM Dice rolls instead of /die reveal and /die hide.

There might be some confusion on what actually happens here. The die rolls are still shadows - its the results that are revealed. So they won't see you rolled a 19 on a dice, they'll just see 19+whatever mod in chat.