PDA

View Full Version : How does the 4E Parser know what products exist?

mattcolville
December 4th, 2010, 22:53
I'm trying to parse a recent Dungeon Magazine (184) and though I believe I have the most recent parser, it doesn't show up on the list of sourcebooks in Compendium mode.

Which means, I believe, the Parser won't know what to scrape.

I dug around inside the parser's files but I couldn't find any list of sourcebooks that the dropdown in the .exe is populated from.

Is there a way to tell the parser that Dungeon 184 exists? Or do we just wait for the next version of the parser?

Zeus
December 5th, 2010, 09:59
mattcolville - The Parser uses the Compendium's API to enquire as to which source modules are available. If Dungeon 184 is not selectable in the Parser's scrape interface its most likely down to Dungeon 184 not being available yet in the Compendium.

A quick check of the Compendium confirms Wizards are only up to Dungeon 182. If you take a look at the Product Release calendar you will note that Wizards update the Compendium data on monthly basis, so you will have to wait until Dungeon 184 is loaded in and then try again.

mattcolville
December 5th, 2010, 21:41
Ha-hah! Excellent answer. Nothing we can do if the data isn't in the compendium. I honestly hadn't thought of that.