PDA

View Full Version : Map and image sizes

smitty1138
December 4th, 2010, 21:46
Hey all,
I've had a lite license for a while now, but am new to GMing, and I have a question about my map pieces. I am using Scanned images of different tiles, and sizing the images so that each individual tile is 60x60. When I check the dimensions of the file in windows, it appears fine. However, once imported to fantasy grounds, the bigger tiles (say 8x8) are sized correctly but the small tiles (2x2, 2x4) are all blown up.

Anyone know how to maintain the size dimensions of these images?

I am using the d20 modern ruleset if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Griogre
December 4th, 2010, 23:12
Are you reusing file names? FG typically remembers the size of images by file names. If you put the image in FG at one size and then resize it, FG still thinks it's the size that was originally put in it.

If you think it is that then open the db.xml file for the campaign go to the image section and delete the image entry of anything that has a <bitmap> element.

smitty1138
December 5th, 2010, 00:10
Originally, I cropped my scanned images in paint and all the dimensions were fine, and when I open the images in like windows preview they all look to be the right size.

I went into the db file and found that all the images had bitmap elements. I cut and pasted the image files into the campaign's image folder and no file names are duplicated, but map images smaller than 4x4 tiles still come out enlarged.

Leonal
December 5th, 2010, 01:20
That may because of the minimum size for an image set in the ruleset. One solution is to increase the canvas size of the image (i.e. make some empty space around the original image to increase the total image size) so FG won't enlarge it once you open it there.