PDA

View Full Version : Character selection issue

feldrol
December 2nd, 2010, 20:10
Hello,
One of my players has a new issue. When he tries to join my game, all proceeds normally until the character selection screen smhows up.
This screens appears at the upper left corner of the screen. In fact he only sees the feets of the statue. He cannot drag the window into the screen and remains stuck here.

We are playing with JPG 3.5 ruleset, we are up to date with updates.
I asked him to reinstall fantasy grounds, but the character selection screen remains at the same place.

He uses a lite licence. He wasn't bothered until ten day ago.

Any insight on what should he do ? Is there a config file to delete to get this screen back in the middle of the main window ?

Sorcerer
December 2nd, 2010, 20:23
I actually just experienced the same thing, I deleted the campaign.dat file in the cache folder in the FG data folder and the problems went away.

This is the first time I have ever seem this problem, and I had not made any updates since I last used JPG so it is hard to say why it has happened now.

feldrol
December 4th, 2010, 09:42
Ok, I'll try that.

Likewise it happened to my player with no obvious reason.

Leonal
December 4th, 2010, 12:02
If it doesn't work try sending an email with details to [email protected].

Moon Wizard
December 5th, 2010, 15:48
The placement of the initial character selection screen and dice can be impacted by whether the application is minimized when the ruleset finishes loading and initializes. This is the only time I've seen this happen.

The campaign.dat remembers the last position of the window when closing (along with lots of other campaign information). The coming update will always center the character selection window to avoid this issue.

Regards,
JPG

feldrol
December 7th, 2010, 21:33
My player erased the campaign.dat but the character selection screen still appeared in the corner.

Then another had the same issue. He deleted the campaign.dat and it solved the problem.

In both cases I don't know if the window was minimised or not. I will ask them to have the window full screen when loading the ruleset, after erasing campaign.dat

Moon wizard, the improvement you mentioned will be appreciated !