PDA

View Full Version : Tenian's Parser and Dark Sun themes

M. Flinkenflogel
November 30th, 2010, 00:14
First of all, I would like to thank Tenian for the 4e parser. It is an awesome tool. I use it often to great effect. I did notice it doesn't have any support for Dark Sun themes and theme powers. The powers I need I have added by hand. But I wonder if there is anything I could do to help in providing support for the Dark Sun themes. I do not know a lot about the .NET Framework, but I'm willing to learn. I have an active D&Di account so I can acces the debugger to discover where and how information is stored on the server.

Jim1829
December 5th, 2010, 19:29
I'd love to hear a reply to this.

mattcolville
December 5th, 2010, 21:40
When you parse the Dark Sun infos, you don't get the Theme Powers?

Actually, I can check that...

Nope! You're right, it's not in there. That sucks, but is not unexpected. Gotta give the parser dude a break. :D

I should point out that WotC is really happy with Themes and are planning on including a ton of them in future books. They're not a one-off Dark Sun thing. They are, I believe, how WotC now feels Backgrounds should have been handled.

PublicJohnDoe
December 6th, 2010, 08:31
Actually, it's not Tenian's fault at all.

WotC didn't put any Theme information in the Compendium so far, and as our beloved parser grabs the info from there, you can't really parse what isn't there, can you? ;)

Nilaihah
December 11th, 2010, 22:23
I have been adding them manually by creating a class with the name of the theme and adding the powers to that class. Not sure if there's a way to create an actual theme category or how to do it, but it is working for me so far.

M. Flinkenflogel
December 18th, 2010, 11:26
The Theme information is actually in there. Since it is also used in the new character builder. I also accomplished hand adding them, by making a new classes for the themes. But it is a lot of work.