PDA

View Full Version : House Rules from DrZeuss

guver
November 27th, 2010, 18:45
Can someone please detail what does this extension do?

Thanks,
Gustavo.

Zeus
November 27th, 2010, 20:02
- adds the optional 4E House Rules for Fumble Dice. In standard rules 4E D&D an attack roll of 1 results in an automatic miss, the extension changes this functionality such that when an attack roll of 1 occurs, a fumble die is automatically rolled and the results output as part of the Attack string to the chatpad.

- augments the standard 4E desktop graphics for the ruleset with my personal custom graphics - this was the original skin the new default 4E theme came from.

Z.

guver
November 27th, 2010, 20:16
Thanks for the quick response!!!

Sigurd
November 27th, 2010, 22:09
AND - Horton hears a Hoo.

Fot5
November 27th, 2010, 22:26
I really like the fumble dice.

I was unable to determine what the campaign date script does. Where does that show up in the FG interface, and how do yo use it?

Zeus
November 28th, 2010, 00:36
Oh yes, I forgot about the date feature. As the DM you can enter /date into the chatbox to open up a small date and time tracker. It's hardcoded for the FR Calendar of Harptos.

You can advance/reverse time by scrolling over the number fields. Double clicking the hour/minute field sends a date+time stamp to the chat window, double-clicking the year/day fields sends the year/date stamp to the chat window. Handy for adding chronological events to the chat log.

You can also drag the fields to notes etc.

Doc_Waldo
December 2nd, 2010, 06:20
Excuse my ignorance. What is a "fumbled dice"?

Oh, and what does the font extension do?

Zeus
December 2nd, 2010, 07:14
Excuse my ignorance. What is a "fumbled dice"?

Oh, and what does the font extension do?

Fumble Dice is an old 3E concept. Its effectively a 1d6 where 1 = Fall, 2 = Hit Self, 3 = Hit Ally, 4 = Drop Weapon, 5 = Break Weapon and 6 = Miss etc. etc. 4E offers slightly different optional House Rules, see p189 of the DMG.

4EFont Extension see here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=100913&postcount=62).

Doc_Waldo
December 2nd, 2010, 08:22
How do you handle a "broken weapon" in 4e? also, can I go into the extension and change the parameters? For example, I don't want to deal with a broken weapon, so sub it for something else? Thanks.

Zeus
December 2nd, 2010, 10:55
Handling broken weapons is really at the discretion of the DM. In my games players who break normal weapons can pay to have them repaired (once they find a suitable smithy etc.). For magical weapons I usually make it more demanding for the players to 'restore' their weapons, this can sometimes lead to side quests or in the case of one of my players (Paladin) lead to a greater quest (holy pilgrimage) with major campaign events interwoven into the storyline :)

And yes, you can change the roll effects by simply editing the FumbleManager.lua script in the extension.

Fot5
December 2nd, 2010, 17:21
One question on that script. I haven't had a chance to read it carefully yet. Does it auto apply things like damage to self?

Zeus
December 2nd, 2010, 17:37
One question on that script. I haven't had a chance to read it carefully yet. Does it auto apply things like damage to self?

No, there purely text messages for reporting purposes (via the chatwindow).

However you could adapt it to auto-apply damage etc.

Fot5
December 2nd, 2010, 18:30
I see that the FumbleManager.lua script does something with critical hits (i.e., natural 20s) too. Do you have a version of this script that only operates on fumbles (i.e., natural 1s)?