PDA

View Full Version : Players can't edit characters

alext
November 26th, 2010, 12:45
Very odd. I have 2 players that can no longer edit their character sheets, chat, or type in modifiers.
The problem started when we updated to v2.7.2 and is intermittent. Tried reinstalling software at both ends, updating to d20_jpg. We've been using FGII for several years with no problems so not sure why this has happened now. The players control 2 characters each. Any ideas appreciated.

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2010, 19:03
That is bizarre. Try clearing the owners of every character. That should reset all the ownership/sharing for those characters.

Also, please send me a copy of your db.xml file along with the names of the characters in question to [email protected]. I want to see if there is anything in the db.xml file that might be causing it.

Thanks,
JPG

EugeneZ
November 28th, 2010, 11:05
My players sometimes have this problem but in my case it's really just the old "FG2 focuses weird" problem. Basically a player has the game full-screened and tabs away. Then when they click on the FG2 client, it doesn't focus the window, even though it looks like it does. Attempts to edit character sheets, among other things, yield failure. Using the alt-tab keys to tab back into FG2 resolves it for us.

Probably not the same issue you're having but worth a shot.

alext
November 28th, 2010, 14:51
Thanks moon_wizard and EugeneZ, I'll try both of those.

db.xml is on it's way!