PDA

View Full Version : Saving Throws vs. specific effects

PublicJohnDoe
November 25th, 2010, 14:44
Is there a way to apply a saving throw modifier only against some effects?

I mean, for example dwarves have a racial +5 on saving throws vs. poison. Is it possible to have FG2 auto-apply this bonus?

Fot5
November 25th, 2010, 15:29
I don't think there is a way to handle this in the current version. What I do is create a situational power on the player's character sheet with an effect that targets self and has "SAVE: 5 (poison)" as the text with no end trigger selected. Double clicking the power will apply it to the PC in the combat tracker. Then, the PC can ask the GM to toggle the effect on or off whenever it is relevant to a particular saving throw. Alternatively, you could set the end trigger to something like "Start" so that the effect would disappear at the designated time (meaning that the GM won't have to turn the effect on or off). Personally, I prefer the former over the latter so that the GM is always aware that the effect is available to the PC. I do this for all permanent effects (e.g., dragonborn fury, deva resistances, etc.).

Moon Wizard
November 25th, 2010, 21:18
I set the effects like that as well. For your example, I would set an effect to "SAVE: 5" with Apply Once to Self options set, and an end of round duration. That way, the character can apply it at any time just before they make a saving throw.

Since I use auto-saves in my game, the player just reminds me of their bonus and I adjust the save modifier for that effect.

Cheers,
JPG