PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Using Extras

mr_h
November 23rd, 2010, 14:40
Does anyone have any tips for using Extras in the SW Ruleset? In my upcoming campaign, there will be some times when the PCs are running a few extra soldiers (probably 1 or 2 each).

I'm not sure what's the best way to run it with the ruleset as I've never dealt with it before, but I hope someone else has.

Thanks

Doswelk
November 23rd, 2010, 15:07
All the modules I created for the Savage Worlds ruleset I entered all the NPCs in the player module, this allows the GM to share the NPC character sheet to the players.

Basically any encounter/adventure where the players will be using extras I have done the following:

1) Create an entry in the personalities section of SW ruleset (not needed if using an "official" mod. Set the NPC to friendly. (Green)
2) If all the players need to see the extra, open the sheet and share it.
3) If only a specific player(s) needs to see the extra drag the shortcut link to each player portrait (this should open up the the sheet on that player's FG desktop).
4) That's it!

Hope that was clear if not ask me <grin>

Hmm maybe I should make a video....

mr_h
November 24th, 2010, 19:11
Thanks, I'll give it a shot this weekend (yes, videos are always good :D)

umbralux
November 28th, 2010, 18:41
Does anyone have any tips for using Extras in the SW Ruleset? In my upcoming campaign, there will be some times when the PCs are running a few extra soldiers (probably 1 or 2 each). I've used two different methods based on whether I think the extra will be with the group long term or not. For long term (or particularly detailed) NPCs, I'll create a PC sheet with the info and have one of the players pull it up as a second character. For hirelings and short term extras, I'll simply share the NPC sheet so they can roll off of it. Either way, I generally put the extra characters as subordinate to the PC on the combat tracker. That keeps all their actions at once and makes the PC the card recipient.