PDA

View Full Version : Weapons disappearing in the Combat tab

Function
November 22nd, 2010, 04:06
Last night I deleted my potion of healing from my inventory and both my weapon and implement disappeared from my combat tab. There are entries for them in my inventory but I didn't delete those. Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening?

/function

Moon Wizard
November 23rd, 2010, 00:44
When you delete an entry from your inventory, the ruleset uses the shortcut link to determine whether it should remove entries from the weapon list as well. If the shortcut link matches, then the corresponding weapon entries are deleted.

It sounds like the links on either your inventory or your weapon lists were overwritten. This can happen when you drag and drop a new link onto an existing link.

Regards,
JPG

Function
November 29th, 2010, 00:08
Shortcut lnks? Am I supposed to be creating the item in inventory first and then dragging it to the combat tab? I just right click and create new. No parsing or anything.

/function

Moon Wizard
November 29th, 2010, 00:41
A couple questions then:
* How did you create the weapons/implements in your weapon section?
* How did you create the potion?

a. Drag from a module?
b. Drag from campaign list?
c. Drag from another character?
d. Right click and select create?

Thanks,
JPG

Function
December 1st, 2010, 06:17
In all instances: right click and pick create

/function

Moon Wizard
December 5th, 2010, 16:10
Thanks for the follow-up. This is helping me narrow down where the problem might be.

One more quick question:
* Did you set any links into the link boxes for those items, or just leave them blank?

Thanks,
JPG

Function
December 6th, 2010, 03:51
All blank.

Moon Wizard
December 6th, 2010, 06:28
Now that I have more specific info, I might be able to recreate.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
December 6th, 2010, 23:20
Found it.

The ruleset was comparing the empty shortcut links, and finding a match with an empty weapon shortcut link. The ruleset was assuming that it would get a nil value when empty, and it was instead getting an empty string.

I was in the process of putting together a 2.7.3 patch, so I included the fix with that patch. It's available in Test mode right now. See the Laboratory, if you're interested in testing.

Cheers,
JPG