PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Game seeks 2-3 "replacement" players (Wed night)

Arin
November 21st, 2010, 04:21
Hi there, everyone.

The story so far...

According to old myths and ancient tomes, giant seafaring vessels used to have free reign of the oceans before the time of the War of the Ancients. This old history was unearthed nearly six hundred years ago, but much more recently, a team of adventurers led by Adalgrim Twofoot, a proud dwarven archaelogist, uncovered the remains of an ancient city in the untamed lands west of Juumecia which included designs for one of these great ships of burden.

Expending a great amount of his personal fortune and seven years' worth of effort (between adventures), Adalgrim eventually realized the dream of creating his first vessel, the Seaworthy , and made the first successful ocean crossing in modern history, reporting that a land mass had been reached after five weeks of perilous travel by sea, during which two incredible storms and an attack by a giant squid nearly prevented the boat from reaching it's destination and returning to tell the tale.

Emboldened by Adalgrim's success, Queen Lesusa Juumecia ordered the construction of two additional vessels conforming to the Seaworthy's design. Only two of the three ships successfully made the second crossing, but enough workers, militiamen and raw materials survived to found the first outpost on new soil, named New Julien after the Queen's stillborn son.

Two years later, the PCs, each for their own reasons, have traveled on the Seaworthy to this new fledgling colony to start a new life. Since their arrival, there has been a murder (for which they, as recent arrivals, are suspect), a mysterious fire at an inn which, a few hours later, seemed undamaged with no one remembering the incident, a new rock candy that seems to make the populous open to suggestion, and rumors of a mysterious manor house on a cliff, which the only resident noble has "convinced" the lieutenant in charge of the colony to allow the PCs to investigate, despite their suspect status...

-----------------------------

The game runs 7:30-10:30 PM Eastern Time Wednesday Night, with people usually beginning to gather on Skype about half an hour beforehand. Currently have four reliable players, one stable-but-not-so-reliable player, and, of course, the three that I'm replacing, for a group size of 7-8 depending on how many new players I take. The group is second level, all classes are open, however racial selections will have to be run by me (gnomes, for example, are a slave class in the country the PCs are in, so one would have to be open to being "owned" by another PC and other disadvantages if they wanted to play one).

I might as well tell you up front the group I have is a little immature, don't join if you're one of those "game is serious business" kind of people, we DO have some quality roleplaying and a good story, but the pace can be a little slow because of all the goofing off. :) Couple of custom rules, nothing too majorly weird, message me for details. :)

Arin
November 23rd, 2010, 18:01
Got one, still need 1-2 more.

Arin
November 27th, 2010, 02:48
Okay, got everyone I needed. Thank you to everyone who replied. :)