PDA

View Full Version : Can I allow players more control of the map

doktor_avalanche
November 14th, 2010, 08:49
Can I allow players to zoom in and out of the map? The list of shortcuts shows this as a DM only function.

In 4E especially some players could be 20 to 30 squares apart - I do not want to force players to be zoomed out to see all the map. Most of the time my players will want to be zoomed in on their little bit of the map, but I will want to see it all.

Is this possible? Have I just misread the shortcuts posting in the wiki, which implies everyone has to be viewing the same scale of map and section of the map?

I am using the demo version pre-purchase and have not had much opportunity to try it with my players.

Moon Wizard
November 14th, 2010, 09:49
Currently, the map view is locked to the GM view. The players can zoom/adjust temporarily, but it will reset back to GM view when reshared.

We plan to support both models of map control. (full GM control vs. individual control) It's on our wish list.

Regards,
JPG

StuartW
November 14th, 2010, 12:05
Mean time, you can also share two instances (or more) of the same map, so that the party can be in more than one place at once (and have more than one fog of war) but the two instances aren't linked, so players that wander back close to each other won't appear on each other's map and NPCs etc aren't shared.

The GM also has to manage two or more sets of players and NPCs, which can be harder work and take plenty of screen real estate.

Stuart