PDA

View Full Version : Connection Issues

Rivendell90
November 13th, 2010, 19:41
So I got FG a few days ago and have been having some serious issues with it. I purchased it after using the demo (the demo worked for me, I could connect with my friends demo and he with me). However, not I cant connect to anyone and nobody can connect to me. When I run the connection test in FG it always comes back failed. My Firewall is off and its allowing FG though, 1802 is open. I always run FG as admin (I have tried with it not admin). I have tried using two different connection areas, My school and my GF's house. The demo worked at school. I cant use Hamachi because my college blocks Hamachi. Someone please help!

Griogre
November 14th, 2010, 01:17
When you used the demo, did you connect over the Internet using the external IP address? If so then it is likely your *local* IP is not static and your computer has been assigned a different local IP so the router is forwarding FG to the wrong local IP address. When you ran at school did you just have people connect using the local IP address?

Generally you don't want to run or install the real version of FG as admin if you are using Vista or Win7 as it turns off virtualization. Its ok though if the installer asks to be promoted to admin. If you are using XP or older then it doesn't matter if you install as admin. Running the demo as admin wouldn't matter in Vista or Win7 because the demo doesn't save any data or changes to data.