PDA

View Full Version : What's New in Version 2?

Sorcerer
November 8th, 2010, 16:35
It took me a while to track this down so I just wanted to give everybody a heads up, to save them a game of 'hunt the file'

in the Castles and Crusades ruleset folder you will find a file license.html

as well as the license information this file contains a list of the changes made since version 1, along with some brief information about how to use new features.

Sakusammakko
November 11th, 2010, 16:24
I have just been going through and testing the changes made to version 2 and they are incredible. This is going to make my games run so much more smoothly in C&C. In fact, I was going to limit my game to just 6 or 7 players because of the dragging and dropping and rolling involved in combat. Now I can automate almost everything. I think this will allow me to have up to 8 players in a session (provided they stay focused and work together).

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I made one change to the status screen on the client combat tracker-- 0 hit points is now 'unconscious' and -1 to -9 is 'bleeding out'.

I couldn't get the attack and damage rolls to drop and register on the tokens. They work just fine if I drop on the combat tracker.

Can't wait to debut this with the gang on Sunday.

Sorcerer
November 11th, 2010, 16:32
I'm glad you like it...

with regard to drop attacks. the first thing to check is if in the options window you have checked the 'player drop attacks' on box...

if you have done that then the next thing is that the players combat tracker must be open for the drop attack to work as the drop attack communicates from the token through the client combat tracker to the GM combat tracker.

if that doesn't work let me know and I will try and figure it out because it is working for me..

Sorcerer
November 11th, 2010, 16:52
{just tested something.

if the allow attack/damage drops is set to 'off' and you already have your combat trackers open.
when you set it to 'on', you need to close and reopen the combat trackers for this change to take effect...}

EDIT: ignore that, further testing shows that this is not the case, not sure what happened there...

However, a further tip is - when you make the drop wait until the tool tip token name appears before you drop, just to make sure your drop really gets registered

dr_venture
December 6th, 2010, 00:02
Am I missing something? What is version 2... the C&C ruleset? How do I know what version I'm using now? When I look at the license HTML file, is just the boilerplate D20/OGL stuff.

Am enjoying the old-school feel to C&C, but am also suffering from withdrawls from 4e's uber-slick combat/everything else interface.

*hops anxiously from foot to foot*

PS: a quick question... I changed the first page of the character sheet to have a couple extra stats... if this mythical unicorn of a version 2 exists, does it have a new version of that file?

dr_venture
December 6th, 2010, 01:38
UPDATE: Went into my account in RPGNow - they give no notification that anything's new and there's nothing on the page to let you know what version you're getting, but I re-downloaded the C&C ruleset & low and behold I got the 2.0.

THANK YOU! Even though I have to re-edit my main char page, I was only hoping to attempt to hack through some of the updates that are included in 2.0. What a great update - way beyond what I could have hoped for!!!

I wanted to be clear that I am *very* appreciative of the work that has been done before I threw in my only remaining wish list item that I can currently think of: draggable items for the equipment list and Items window. It's cool in 4e to be able to predefine module items, then just drag them to character sheets when a character acquires the item.

I'd love that, but I'm so pleased with what I can see in 2.0 - encounters! chat portraits! auto die roll totals! (which is currently not working - not sure what's up there), Rollable character sheet Initiatives! (I had hacked that myself), better UI, many more and useful game options... BRAVO!