PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Ultimate Licence Holder To Demonstrate 4e Gameplay

Swampsurfer
November 8th, 2010, 04:23
Hi FG2 community :)

I currently play D&D 4e with 3 others, and an occasional stand-in from a handfull of other friends in my local community. We often find it hard to get together and I'm thinking Fantasy Grounds II would be a great alternative to actual game night.

Is there anyone in this community that holds an ultimate licence willing to demonstrate the gameplay by hosting (DMing) for us? If so, will we need to make a purchase? It is my understanding that those who hold the ultimate licence can host for non-licence holding players.

Is this correct? If not, what is the minimum expense I would need to invest to see if we would be willing to purchase this product?

jcdf
November 8th, 2010, 15:27
If you can find someone with the ultimate licence the minimum cost to try out this product is zero.

However many do not have the ultimate licence including myself. So I am afraid I cannot help you. I have the full licence. The lite licence costs $23.95 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=SWK02) but precludes you from DMing. Unless one of you is prepared to always DM, I would recommend that you and friends each purchase the full licence. This offers the greatest range of options.

More here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/)

Fot5
November 9th, 2010, 16:43
If your group has zero experience with FG, a single night probably will not provide an accurate experience of a typical FG game, unless the GM does a good bit of work up front. Inputting character sheets and learning how to operate the interface could take an hour or two. You may be better off observing an existing game before enlisting a GM to run a single session for your group. I think that doing that would decrease the required in-game learning time significantly.

As stated by JCDF, if you can find a GM who has an ultimate license, there is no cost to you to use FG to play a game hosted by that GM. There are GMs out there who have the ultimate license (I do).

Swampsurfer
November 9th, 2010, 23:51
Fot5,

Can I observe a game that you are hosting? I think you understand what I need to do in order to get going. I'd very much appreciate tha opportunity to sit back and watch.

Please send me an invite or the information I need to get involved in one of your sessions.

Fot5
November 10th, 2010, 00:42
I sent you a PM about the game.