PDA

View Full Version : Problem with extension for Foens wod ruleset

meathome
November 5th, 2010, 09:03
Hi,
I tried makin a requiem for rome extension, sort of. I took the vampire extension and changed the skill names (4 skills have changed from normal vampire).

My problem is that it seems to fill the skill list with default values somewhere, so when i change those 4 skills in the extension, they are added not changed.

The extionson works if I change the default skill set in Mortal.xml in the ruleset itself so that there are no skills there. But this breaks the mortal character sheet.. and i wanted to do this without changing the ruleset itself.

I have no idea how to fix this without messing with the ruleset

drahkar
November 5th, 2010, 09:50
It is likely that load order is the issue. Plus you need to edit the Vampire extension to see where it is placing the entries for it's content.

Once you are sure of the code location for the vampire content, you need to make your extension and name it in such a way that it loads -after- the vampire extension.

Once you have the load order set correctly, then you can work on overriding the code applied by the vampire extension.

Thats the complex way of doing it. A far less complex way of doing it, which I would highly recommend as an alternative, is to copy the Vampire extensions, rename it to whatever you want and then edit the entries for it to you you need. Making sure that you aren't overwriting anything for vampire.

Also sometime this evening (CT) I'm hoping to upload an update to the WOD Ruleset done by saithan that corrects a lot of small bugs that have developed since the upgrade to 2.7.2 as well as adds features. You might want to wait till that goes up before trying this. I'll post on the forums when its uploaded.

Hi,
I tried makin a requiem for rome extension, sort of. I took the vampire extension and changed the skill names (4 skills have changed from normal vampire).

My problem is that it seems to fill the skill list with default values somewhere, so when i change those 4 skills in the extension, they are added not changed.

The extionson works if I change the default skill set in Mortal.xml in the ruleset itself so that there are no skills there. But this breaks the mortal character sheet.. and i wanted to do this without changing the ruleset itself.

I have no idea how to fix this without messing with the ruleset

meathome
November 5th, 2010, 14:51
Seems like i didnt explain myself properly.
What you suggested is exactly what i have done. I copied the vampire extension edited the skill list and renamed it. It loads correctly, but the basic skill list still remains. The only thing i wanted to do is change the Science, Computer, Drive and Firearms skills to Religion, Warfare, Ride and ARchery.
I changed them in the copied extension but the original skills remain on the sheet and the 4 changed ones are added as new ones.

If i open the pak for the ruleset and delete the whole skill list from Mortal.xml then it works, but the mortal sheet has no skills.