PDA

View Full Version : New to Fantasy Grounds but are peple playing it....

Aldhurin
November 4th, 2010, 19:42
Hi,
I just recently learned about Fantasy Grounds as an option to play tabletop RPGs.
I am pretty to the table top RPG genre as well. So I am kind of thinking about purchasing this because it really would make it easier for me logistically to play.

Even though I am intruiged I am wondering how many people are actually playing through Fantasy Grounds and how hard is it to find a group.

I checked the calender and saw that most of the entries there are outdated.
Any input and advice is welcomed.

Aldhurin

unerwünscht
November 4th, 2010, 20:56
Finding a game to play in is simple. Make a post in the looking for game/players area (AKA the Guild House) and I am sure you will have several games and or players to choose from within a mater of hours. The part I have found difficult is finding games and players that have any lasting power. Games with strangers kinda die out for me after one or two sessions. I think I am one of the few people that has this problem tho, so maybe its just me... I don't know.

Anyways, you should have no trouble finding a game, and most of the people here are very willing to assist new player and users in getting use to the game system / application. If you are worried about holding a group back with your *noobness* (sorry I cant find a better word at the moment) I am more than willing to run a few sessions to show you how to use the application on how to play D&D 3.5 or any of the other games I actually play.

Aldhurin
November 4th, 2010, 21:39
Thank you for your great information. I feel much better now and it makes it easier to invest the 40 bucks for the full client. I checked out the demo client and I think it looks great. Little edgy in the usability at times but seems to by far the best one.
If you have time some day to show me the basics that would be great.
So one more time thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

PS:
Der deutsch sprachige Nickname ist wirklich cool.