PDA

View Full Version : GURPS, Mechs and Space

Alchais
November 3rd, 2010, 20:40
I am planning on running a GURPS Space campaign, with Mecha, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions regarding Mech/Vehicle sheets within FGII? I am actually considering adapting some BattleTech record sheets I have, since they already have hit location, armor ratings, etc. Just change it up a little to fit the system. What I am unsure of is how the best way to track damage to systems. I'd like to maintain the detail of specific damages (damaged weapons, engine, targeting systems, ****pit, etc) without it being too much of a hassle. The same would apply to Spacecraft combat, which I plan to include as well.

I normally run fantasy campaigns, so tracking vehicle damage, etc, is somewhat new to me for the role-playing setting. In person, would be easy... like I said, just use BattleTech sheets, or make a new sheet, and players can just mark damage.

Has anyone attempted something like this? Or have ideas?

PS: Not even sure if this is the right place to post this. If not, I'll gladly delete/remake, move, whatever.

StuartW
November 3rd, 2010, 21:33
If you weren't wedded to GURPS, you could use BRP. That has hit locations, each with Armour Points and Hit Points. It is possible to use this to create custom hit locations too.

Just a thought.

Stuart

Alchais
November 3rd, 2010, 22:06
Appreciate it. I can always check it out. If nothing else, may give me ideas of what to do. I have a couple programmer friends, so may have them look into what it would take to mod the GURPS character sheets. Even just adding a tab or something with text fields and hit boxes would be just fine.

___________ [DMG] [HP]

Several rows/columns of that and could use it for whatever.

saithan
November 4th, 2010, 00:01
if you use spykes latest gurps the item entry have tabs for both vehicles and space ships.

Alchais
November 4th, 2010, 04:43
Oh. Awesome! That helps. Can probably fudge Mechs into the Spaceship part, at least. Better than nothing. Thanks for the responses!

Spyke
November 4th, 2010, 09:36
Hi Alchais, I just sent you a PM before seeing this thread with various ways forward using the mini DR pop-up or other text fields, but following on to the above posts here, I'd suggest using the GURPS Spaceships rules for Mechas (see Spaceships 4) in which case the existing Item sheet Spaceship tab would work perfectly.

Spyke