PDA

View Full Version : GM Text

VenomousFiligree
November 3rd, 2010, 00:59
Sometimes (hey, all the time!) the GM gets a bit busy. So would you prefer he rattles out the text quick and fast with the odd mistake, or would you prefer he rereads and corrects errors before hitting enter?

GunnarGreybeard
November 3rd, 2010, 01:07
Well, as GM I tried to be precise but I fail that sometimes when in a rush to get the information out.

Valarian
November 3rd, 2010, 07:44
It's difficult to check what you've typed when there's only a single line in the chat box to type in. I try to type straight, but sometimes fail. My players are understanding of the odd tryping (:)) error.

StuartW
November 3rd, 2010, 10:02
I try to be precise, but would usually rather keep the story going than dawdle too long on re-checking. When there is a significant piece of text and/or accuracy is important, I use a story text entry in the adventure.

phantomwhale
November 3rd, 2010, 12:13
As much prepared text as possible - that's my motto ! Knowing your group helps, but you can always knock up a quick "FAQ" answer section for major NPCs to round off common queries.

Otherwise, type fast, quick and dirty, keep the game moving.

mr_h
November 3rd, 2010, 14:03
I try to do prepared text, but in a case where I don't and have a lot to say, I bring up notepad and type into that. Then I just copy and paste it over.

VenomousFiligree
November 3rd, 2010, 19:00
It's difficult to check what you've typed when there's only a single line in the chat box to type in.
Yes, especially with this occurring (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13392). :(

Another issue I have is talking with the wrong ID, this isn't helped by the fact the row of IDs is so far from the chat input window.

Doswelk
November 5th, 2010, 00:10
I get round this by using VOIP :P

VenomousFiligree
November 5th, 2010, 09:35
I use VOIP too, but not for IC speech.