PDA

View Full Version : Eberron campaign, 3.5 to 4 conversion

AndyPan
October 31st, 2010, 21:50
After a DMing hiatus of about 6 months, I am looking to get back into running a game again.

I have been working on a conversion of the 3.5 Eberron modules, starting with the Forgotten Forge intro adventure that appeared in the 3.5 campaign setting book, on into the three full modules that follow (Shadows of the Last War, Whispers of the Vampire's Blade, and Grasp of the Emerald Claw). I have run some of these modules in 3.5, and enjoyed them then, so would like to run them in 4E.

I did the conversion myself using tips and advice found online, and think I've managed to pull these mods into 4E adequately. I haven't run them yet, so I am hoping to get a group together to give them a shot and see how I did, and make adjustments where necessary.

I would be looking to get a group of five players for the campaign, which will start at first level. No restrictions on character type, just no home brew powers, feats, etc. Knowledge of the Eberron setting is a plus, but not crucial.

This will be a Friday night game, and ideally I would like to begin mid November. Starting time will be 7 PM EASTERN, with average game sessions running between 3 and 3.5 hours. This starting time is non-negotiable, so if this time won't work for you, please refrain from posting the time that's better for YOU. (Sorry to be a jerk about that, but there's nothing more annoying than posting one of these adverts, and getting "I want to play, but I can't make it at 7, 9 would be better for me.")

Only other thing I can ask is that you only sign up if you're serious about joining. Some of fellow players in my current game have told tales of players that sign up, and either never show up, or show up once, then disappear. Please don't be that player. :-)

Last thing: we WILL be using Ventrilo during the game; the info will be provided to players once the roster has been set. Please have access to a microphone if you join.

Please feel free to drop me a PM, or post your interest here in the thread. I try and pop in when I can, so I will get back to you ASAP. Thanks!

MikeParham
November 2nd, 2010, 23:27
Hello Andy,

I've a group of four players (three of which are DMs) who have been together playing "in-house" for years, but have shifted over to FG in order to accomodate more real-life issues (kids, college, careers).

We are looking for another player, and or DM to join us in our campaign rotations. Currently we are converting three of our campaigns for 4th edition and FG. Traditionally we ran our campaigns in pairs, playing one campaign one Fri or Sat, the other the next week...rinse and repeat. Every six months or so we swap out the pairs. We find this keeps burnout at a minimum.

We are seeking two new players to flesh out the group, but would be fantastic if one of them is a DM such as yourself with a new campaign.

To learn more about our activities, visit this site:
https://vabchd20teaclub.wikidot.com/start

Would love to join your campaign, and if you are interested, invite you to ours. Fridays eves East Coast time would work just fine. All of us are east coast players with over 10 years experience.

Kaltahn
November 3rd, 2010, 18:20
Hi AndyPan,

I'm a member/a GM (currently on semi-hiatus) of the group mentioned by Mike and would be interested in joining your friday evening Eberron 4.0 game, though my experience in that campaign setting is very limited (I... uhhh... played DDO for a little bit?). I wouldn't have a problem being on time for the 7 EST scheduled time, and have a client version of vent already installed so no worries there. As for group roles, I'm very flexible and have interests that lie in every role.

PM me or post back if you've got a slot for us :) Thanks!

Lee S.
November 4th, 2010, 13:11
I guess I should throw my hat into the ring because you know it wouldn't be the same without me being the habitual PITA.

I'm intrigued by this 4e flex system. It could make for some unique hybrid characters.

AndyPan
November 5th, 2010, 12:57
This campaign is closed. Thanks.