PDA

View Full Version : 4E Character Sheet Inventory Bug

Helvegr
October 30th, 2010, 04:13
This one is a little tricky to reproduce, but I've been able to do it enough that I think I may have narrowed down the issue.

If you have items in your characters inventory that seem to contain a character like a comma, or a space when items are then sorted under that item by using the location field, you start to see items switching their locations on the sheet. Just clicking around causes them to move locations.

Example:
Add item "Belt,Pouch" to inventory, then add additional items adding Belt,Pouch as the location. This should start to cause some strange behavior as you add more items.

The same behavior happens if I use "Belt Pouch". If however, I simply use "Belt" as the item and location, I can't seem to get the UI to break. I've only noticed this behavior in 2.7.2, but I can't say if it is exclusive to it or not.

Leonal
October 30th, 2010, 05:15
I've also spotted this in d20_JPG with FG 2.6.5

EugeneZ
April 2nd, 2011, 23:21
I'm running into this issue too. Thanks for identifying that it's comma-related. At least there's a workaround. Any chance of a future fix?

Moon Wizard
April 3rd, 2011, 09:23
I'll have to take a look to see if it's ruleset related or client related. My guess is that the sorting function for the inventory list in the ruleset has issues.

Cheers,
JPG