PDA

View Full Version : Looking for GM & Players at or near GMT +8

spelljammer
October 29th, 2010, 02:12
I'm trying to gather a group to play on any evening (preferably sundays or weekdays, but anything will do).

Ideal people for this game would live in or near GMT +8 timezone (Australia, Indonesia, Asia, Southeast Asia). If you don't but are willing to play based on those times... thats awesome too.

Please post in this thread if you would be interested in either playing or GMing and what times/days work best for you.

I'd like to get a solid D&D or Pathfinder campaign going. I am not a GM... i'm not good at it, otherwise I'd take the job. So if anyone out there want's to jump in with an epic campaign, please do so!

In terms of frequency, once a week is great, bi-weekly works... at least once a month.

Let me know what you think....

Cheers.

ButtatakiBuddha
October 29th, 2010, 03:43
Hey, I live in the States, GMT -5, but I wouldn't mind playing. I've got nothing better to do anyway. I would be able to do any weekday, but Weekend are out for me. I can play D&D, Path finder, Fate, Uni-system, and White-wolf. I would prefer a once a week campaign, but if that's asking too much I can do what ever the GM wants.

spelljammer
October 29th, 2010, 04:46
Ok... Just so we are absolutely clear... this game would most likely be happening around 7 or 8pm, GMT +8. For any folks in the States, that would put it at like 6AM.

If your cool with that, great. But just be aware.

Leonal
October 29th, 2010, 04:52
If you can finish my master's thesis I'm sure I could get a PF game going. ;)

In other words I regret that I'm not available, but I hope you find a good group to play with. :)

Gizmofg
October 29th, 2010, 06:06
Hello. 8pm starts for me (gmt +8) works well just about any day except monday.

spelljammer
October 29th, 2010, 07:35
Yea, 8pm works nicely for me as well. Now we just need to find someone willing to GM :)

Gizmofg
October 29th, 2010, 11:51
I'm happy for any gaming system that a GM is willing to take us through.
but is asked formy preference in order it would be:

1) DnD 4th Ed (only cos I have not tried it yet)
2) DnD 3.5 Ed (cos I know it wel any setting is fine, a GM created work all the better :))
3) Runequest, an oldie but a goodie, love skill only based classless systems.
4) Shadow Run
5) Any custom world with any system a GM prefers that encourages the ROLE in role playing.

Gizmofg
October 29th, 2010, 11:52
For a voice comms systems I have Vent running with 8 slots, so should be enough for our group.

spelljammer
October 29th, 2010, 11:56
Never used Vent before... but sounds cool. I was going to suggest Skype. But whatever works.

As for system.... I have a real hankering for some D&D, so any recent flavor of that would be great (3.5 or 4). Also, obviously Pathfinder. But I can be talked into others too.

wavecutter
October 29th, 2010, 19:32
I'm GMT -5 but I work Second shift so I'm available from 6:00am to 2:00pm in that time zone. I'm looking for a Gamma World game and I have a 25 slot Ventrilo server.

spelljammer
October 30th, 2010, 06:40
I think were leaning more towards D&D. But it's really up to who GMs.

wavecutter
October 30th, 2010, 15:11
Gamma World is 4th Ed. D&D with a few tweaks. Although I'm quite partial to pathfinder as well.

Gizmofg
October 31st, 2010, 06:22
I've been reading up on Savage worlds that too looks like an interesting system, if there are any DM's out there willing for a GMT+8 8pm start.

ButtatakiBuddha
October 31st, 2010, 23:40
yeah, 6 AM works for me, I don't have anything to do till noon most days.

someoneinatree
November 1st, 2010, 08:05
Depending when this ends up happening I'd be interested in joining this group, but only as a player as I already am DM-ing a campaign and wouldn't want to overcommit my time.

Gizmofg
November 1st, 2010, 13:21
Well it looks like we have enough players, now we just need a DM.

kingcaboose
November 4th, 2010, 09:59
I'm a new 4e DM and wouldn't mind giving it a go starting Lvl1. I'm setting up all the Wizards main adventures as we speak and have the DMG Kobold Hall encounter ready to go and Keep on the Shaddowfell almost complete. Let me know if your interested and I'll tee up a server and time. I'm available M,T,W,F,S nights if anyone is interested. (BTW in brisbane)

someoneinatree
November 4th, 2010, 12:06
Yeah I'd be happy to play the published adventures, although also like a bit of roleplay here and they are very combat heavy. I'd probably prefer a Monday or Tuesday night at this stage (Melbourne here).

Gizmofg
November 4th, 2010, 12:13
I'm a new 4e DM and wouldn't mind giving it a go starting Lvl1. I'm setting up all the Wizards main adventures as we speak and have the DMG Kobold Hall encounter ready to go and Keep on the Shaddowfell almost complete. Let me know if your interested and I'll tee up a server and time. I'm available M,T,W,F,S nights if anyone is interested. (BTW in brisbane)
I'm good those nights too. What time your time Do you want to start?
I can supply vent for voice talking.
I've also started a game calender entry.
Is it ok if I go a dragon born sorcerer?

kingcaboose
November 4th, 2010, 13:39
Yeah I'd be happy to play the published adventures, although also like a bit of roleplay here and they are very combat heavy. I'd probably prefer a Monday or Tuesday night at this stage (Melbourne here).
Those nights suit me well too. I agree, the modules do focus a lot on combat encounters rather than non-combat but that's generally because they leave the roleplay up to the discretion of the group.

My style of DM is to play more to the dynamics of the players and let them evolve the roleplay as the game goes. So if the players like lots of dice rolling I add more dice rolling challenges to subsequent combat/non-encounters or if the players like acting out more I keep the dice to a minimum while playing to the roleplay.

kingcaboose
November 4th, 2010, 13:45
I'm good those nights too. What time your time Do you want to start?
I can supply vent for voice talking.
I've also started a game calender entry.
Is it ok if I go a dragon born sorcerer?

No problem, I hear ventrilo is a good system but if we have trouble I have skype with confrence call and a good cable connection as a backup.

Any character setup is fine. Starting at Level 1 with 100gp each character.

If you like I can create a game calandar as the GM that way you can apply as the player but we can use your calandar if you prefer?

someoneinatree
November 5th, 2010, 01:11
All sounds fine to me. I recommend Skype actually, I use it for the campaign I DM.

Before I think about character ideas, I'd like to know if there's any setting info you want to provide, either directly from the published adventure or something of your homebrewing. I like to develop ideas based on the location; make them a local or have reason/motivation to be in the area when the adventure begins.

kingcaboose
November 5th, 2010, 02:00
All sounds fine to me. I recommend Skype actually, I use it for the campaign I DM.

Before I think about character ideas, I'd like to know if there's any setting info you want to provide, either directly from the published adventure or something of your homebrewing. I like to develop ideas based on the location; make them a local or have reason/motivation to be in the area when the adventure begins.

Feel free to be as creative as you like with your character, I generally find the best way to develop a character is to start off with only a few minor details such as personality traits and a name and we build from there. Are you guys members of DDI? If so some details concerning the adventures and settings are there otherwise I'll provide those when we start. You dont necessarily need to be a character from the local area you can be from a distant little known land if you wish.

Regarding the campaign basically its in the Nentir Vale which and the starting situation is that for what ever reasons you wish to provide you have arrived at a location on the kings road near the kobold hall. The members of the party could know each other or just meet depending on what you want to create for your character.

I prefer the players to expand on the story where possible and I just provide some hooks, NPC's and encounters. No restrictions unless outside the general rules of the game.

The basic adventures will be limited to the wizards adventures starting with kobold hall, moving to winterhaven then to the new adventure published in the new DMG box. If all goes well we can keep progressing through the Heroic tier and adventurers.

someoneinatree
November 5th, 2010, 04:39
No worries, am familiar with the default setting... I might roll up an Eladrin Psion (Telepath) if you're ok with PHB3 classes, who has come to the Nentir Vale to uncover her family's past. It is rumoured her family used to own a manor house in the area, but she has no idea where or whether it still exists.

Let us know what time you're thinking and what day, then some of the other players might be able to confirm/get on bored.

kingcaboose
November 5th, 2010, 05:03
No worries, am familiar with the default setting... I might roll up an Eladrin Psion (Telepath) if you're ok with PHB3 classes, who has come to the Nentir Vale to uncover her family's past. It is rumoured her family used to own a manor house in the area, but she has no idea where or whether it still exists.

Let us know what time you're thinking and what day, then some of the other players might be able to confirm/get on bored.

I've pretty much got all the books so PHB3 is fine. How about we aim for Tuesday night 9-05-2010 around 8pm Brisbane time/9pm Sydeny time. Let me know if that's not possible.

Gizmofg
November 5th, 2010, 16:31
Hello,

Tuesday works well.
I'll send you a PM about my character and background.

My experience is Vent works much better than skype especially when you start getting groups of 5 or more.

Could you all please download and install the Vent client.
https://www.ventrilo.com/download.php
You need the client version.
When we meet in Fantasy grounds I'll give you the details of the vent server then.

Gizmofg
November 5th, 2010, 16:46
Not sure how to calendar system works but I have made one here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=538
Did you want to add yourselves to this calendar or shall we do this without calendars?

Gizmofg
November 6th, 2010, 02:21
No problem, I hear ventrilo is a good system but if we have trouble I have skype with confrence call and a good cable connection as a backup.

Any character setup is fine. Starting at Level 1 with 100gp each character.

If you like I can create a game calandar as the GM that way you can apply as the player but we can use your calandar if you prefer?

Yes please start a calendar would make more sense for you to have control of it :D

kingcaboose
November 6th, 2010, 02:41
No worries, metalocalypse is created

someoneinatree
November 8th, 2010, 01:58
how we going for tomorrow night? Any other asia/australia players up for a game at 8pm AEST? (click here for world clock view (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=9&month=11&year=2010&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=47))

Gizmofg
November 8th, 2010, 05:03
I'm ok for tomorrow.
But do we have enough players? According to the calendar there is only me.
King did you get my PM about my character?

kingcaboose
November 8th, 2010, 07:15
Sorry gizmofg, accidently deleted you. Hit the wrong button and the silly thing doesn't ask to confirm. Can you try requesting to join the calendar again?

Gizmofg
November 8th, 2010, 08:05
Re-applied. I noticed there is someone from the GMT -6 please make sure they are aware we play 8pm GMT +10.

Gizmofg
November 8th, 2010, 08:06
Ohh I see its 6pm start, is this still the case or is it 8pm?

kingcaboose
November 8th, 2010, 08:28
8pm Brisbane time, 9pm Sydney time, 6pm perth time. If that's too early we can bumb it forward?

Gizmofg
November 8th, 2010, 09:05
Oh, you put it in my time or the game calendar does.... NICE!
Yeah that's perfect for me, 6pm my time!

kingcaboose
November 10th, 2010, 07:42
Well greatly appreciate gizmofg and chezcaliente logging on last night. I'm currently organising 2 or 3 more people to start soon as well. Will keep you posted

Gizmofg
November 12th, 2010, 10:31
Hows it going Kingcaboose?
I've asked a few people but none yet.

Did you get my character in an email?

zroaster
November 26th, 2010, 01:40
I'd be keen to join your adventure if your still looking for players.
Interested in Dwarfen Battle Cleric but im open to rolling what ever you need.
Been looking for players near my timezone.
Im new to FG and 4e but am keen to learn. I have the 4e hand book set.

Gizmofg
November 26th, 2010, 02:07
Send Kingcaboose a PM. We need more players :)

DavidwGoodall
December 12th, 2010, 10:20
PM sent (not sure if you still have spots or not)

Rusty Kneecap
August 2nd, 2017, 09:52
Hi if any one is still looking in this post, I am in Perth Western Australia and looking for DnD players in my evening Timezone.

yeknom
August 6th, 2017, 02:36
Rusty Kneecap, I am in that time zone and have a few others that game with me on Fantasy Grounds who are as well.

Rusty Kneecap
August 6th, 2017, 03:48
Great Yeknom. I have TeamSpeak, but am happy to use any coms. Do you have a GM? or are you looking for one?

yeknom
August 6th, 2017, 04:36
Great Yeknom. I have TeamSpeak, but am happy to use any coms. Do you have a GM? or are you looking for one?

I am a DM/GM. Currently I have a 2e Fantasy Grounds game going on with room for 1. I also have a Savage Worlds game (full) and will be starting either a Pfinder, 3.5e or 5e D&D game shortly.

Rusty Kneecap
August 6th, 2017, 07:05
Running a 2e Greyhawk game every Monday night 8pm-11pm GMT+8.

This might be good start

yeknom
August 6th, 2017, 08:49
Running a 2e Greyhawk game every Monday night 8pm-11pm GMT+8.

This might be good start

Okay, PM sent, not sure if you can respond to it with only 7 posts. If not let me know here.

Rusty Kneecap
August 6th, 2017, 09:41
Ready to go with Whats App

Loving the idea of Old school DnD.

Rusty

yeknom
August 6th, 2017, 11:21
Alright, message sent. You might want to edit out your number here though
:)