PDA

View Full Version : d20 Modern

TR0LL
October 28th, 2010, 22:57
Well, it looks like I will be running a Far Future game here soon, using the d20 modern ruleset. but I have a couple questions.

1) is there any way to remove the image window size restriction? its very annoying.

and

2) is there any way to use DrZuess's Tables module with d20 modern?

Sorcerer
October 29th, 2010, 07:51
I can't answer number 2. (probably the good Doctor will stop by himself at some point).

but number 1. is pretty easy.

the size limits are held in adventure_images.xml in the ruleset folder under
<windowclass name="imagewindow">

i think in most rulesets this is set to 700x700 but you can change it to anything you want.

for example D20_JPG is set to 1100x1100.

Obviously you have to be careful which large images you share with your players since this could potentially give issues with transfer times (and if they are connecting on a small laptop you could cover all their available screen space), but I like the ability to have my campaign map in large format and save all that scroll time..

TR0LL
October 29th, 2010, 17:38
Hey, thanks a lot Sorcerer, now I hot DrZeuss drops by :D

also through that file can I remove the focus limitation? so if on a large map players can control their own view?

TR0LL
October 30th, 2010, 18:10
wow, I'm really disappointed in purchasing the d20 Modern ruleset, it is missing so many features that are in JPG, and even 3.5.

Its a shame too as I want to run a future game, but this is not really usable compared to the other rulesets.

ddavison
October 30th, 2010, 20:42
This is an older ruleset we purchased from Digital Adventures and we have it on our list to investigate how easy it is to update to the newer features. Merging D20_JPG and 3.5E are first on the agenda.

This holds true for D20 Modern, Iron Heroes and Arcana Evolved which all have derivatives of the core D20 ruleset. I did some playing around and found that each of these appear to be compatible with D20_JPG (and probably 3.5E.) I will work on some extensions that might be able to pull the skins from these and also add in the compatibility for the modules for D20_JPG and 3.5E.

In the meantime, you can make all the library modules available by editing your base.xml file in your D20_JPG or 3.5E ruleset and adding this section:

<importinfo>
<acceptfrom ruleset="d20" />
<acceptfrom ruleset="foundation" />
<acceptfrom ruleset="d20-MSRD" />
<acceptfrom ruleset="d20-IH" />
<acceptfrom ruleset="d20-AE" />
</importinfo>

If you already have an importinfo section, just add the extra rulesets you are missing.

** I did note that you can not have all the library modules open at the same time. They must use the same node names, so if you have the base 3.5E monsters module and the D20-MSRD Monsters open for instance, you will see all the basic fantasy 3.5E SRD monsters listed instead of the modern NPCs. If you do see this, simply close all modules and re-open the one you want active for your campaign.