PDA

View Full Version : Latest FG version seems alot more stable but

GunnarGreybeard
October 27th, 2010, 13:41
We put v2.7.2 through it paces last night, went really well. Only one crash and not sure what may have caused it. Was not a typical crash but an MS Visual Basic crash. I will have to try and reproduce it and see if I can find the trigger.

GunnarGreybeard
November 3rd, 2010, 14:04
Had the Visual Basic crash again, about the same amount of time into the game session as last time. Still can't deduce the trigger though. :(

Moon Wizard
November 3rd, 2010, 17:58
I don't understand the whole "Visual Basic" crash. FG is not written in Visual Basic, so you shouldn't see anything with Visual Basic in it.

Next time you are running, try having the Task Manager open to see the memory usage.

Thanks,
JPG

GunnarGreybeard
November 3rd, 2010, 22:20
I don't understand the whole "Visual Basic" crash. FG is not written in Visual Basic, so you shouldn't see anything with Visual Basic in it.
Yeah that's whats odd. I never had this error before on FG or any other program until I updated to 2.7.2 and its only when running FG. It only happened once in each session of the 2 weekly sessions I have run and only after being well into the game, maybe about 2+ hours in. I checked and my AV hadn't kicked in during that time. I'll have to try and reproduce this while monitoring CPU and Memory usage.

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2010, 00:44
See if you can write down the name of the process/program that crashed as well. Basically, any information on or around the crash dialog.

Thanks,
JPG

ddavison
November 4th, 2010, 04:17
Have you associated .LUA files with your Visual Basic IDE by any chance?

GunnarGreybeard
November 16th, 2010, 11:21
Rechecked and the .LUA files are not associated with Visual Basic IDE. What is odd is that after the 1st 2 weeks when it happened, we just went this last session Tuesday, Nov 9 without a problem. Have another scheduled today (16th) and will post more it is rears its head again.

RKBrumbelow
November 16th, 2010, 14:25
It should be noted that while Gunnar had no problems, I crashed 2x at roughly the same time frames he had crashed in the past. these were C# crashes iirc could have been any c library crashing though. Is it possible to put FG in to debug mode so we get a dump when something goes flush?

Moon Wizard
November 21st, 2010, 21:41
RKBrumbelow,

Can you give me some quick info on your module usage, and what the memory usage looks like for FG when the campaign is loaded?

Thanks,
JPG